Help!!! Caramel/vanilla Cake-Doctored Mix Recipe For Cupcake

Baking By blueangel174 Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 5:03am by blueangel174

blueangel174 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 4

I need help. I wanted to make these cupcakes for a party tomorrow and something went really wrong. I got the recipe from this site, but there were no comments left under it and it scored high so that is why I tried it. They sunk in the middle, burned on the top and caved in in the cupcake wrapper. If you picked them up they didn't hold their shape on the bottom. The one that was a little o.k. tasted great so I would love to find a recipe that uses a box cake mix (yellow or butter) and use the powder coffee-mate the recipe calls for and the small box of instant white chocolate pudding. Without the cream and butter I never made cake/cupcakes with heavy cream and/or butter before so I'm thinking that is what went wrong...Anyone have any ideas? I posted the recipe I used below. Thanks! Kelly

Caramel/vanilla cake-doctored mix recipe
Ingredients

1 butter cake mix
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup coffee mate creamer powder-vanilla caramel flavor.
1 box instant white chocolate pudding mix
1 stick or 1/2 cup butter unsalted

Instructions

sift box mix, pudding mix and creamer into a bowl, set aside.
4 large eggs, softened butter, water and heavy cream in mixer on med speed till well blended and slightly fluffy.
Put in small amounts of dry ingredients into the wet until all are in. Then turn on mixer med-hi for 25 seconds.
Put in pans and bake at 325 till done.

3 replies
tiawanna02 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 4

I think this cake had way too much liquid and fat. Sorry I dont use mixes but maybe you can use the wasc base and add the creamer and maybe use caramel pudding...hope this helps

GrandmaG Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:05am
post #3 of 4

1 box BC vanilla cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 egg whites
2/3 cup vanilla/caramel liquid coffee creamer & 2/3 cup water
2 Tbls. vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream or 1 cup caramel yogurt
1 tsp vanilla flavor
1 tsp caramel flavor
Mix all ingredients according to box directions. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and lower to 350 degrees when cupcakes are ready to go in oven.

blueangel174 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 5:03am
post #4 of 4

I wanted to thank both of you for your help and the recipe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%