Can't Search Here To Find An Answer...samples Bridal Show?

Business By catlharper Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 4:34am by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 6

Hi there,

Something is wrong with the search feature here...can't search to find this answer.

I'm getting ready to do my very first show this upcoming summer. This is such a huge step for me, and not a cheap one either, that I want to go to as prepared as possible.

So far I know to have two albums of my work for each "side" of the booth, I have a digital photo frame to have a slide show going on, I will have 6 wedding cake demo cakes (3 made so far), photo posters up and I know I need samples of our cakes to give out.

This is a big show with between 500 and 750 guests for the one day. Please let me know what you would estimate for samples? I want to make sure to have enough but not too many?? Don't want to come home with a whole lotta cake. Also, is it ok to make layered sheet cakes ice them with buttercream, cut those into rounds or squares for the containers and then topped with a square/round of fondant, little piping or flower on top? I want them to be able to taste my buttercream, fondant and see some detail work but that's a lot of work for samples if I have to make too many.

Thanx for any guidence. As I said, I tried to search for this answer and the engine didn't work.

Cat

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 6
AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 6

Personaly I like to use mini bite size cupcakes at bridal shows with a bit of buttercream on top. They are one/two bites, easily portable and require not utensils.

I haven't done a bridal show that large but I have found that very few people pass up a free treat. Pretty much everyone who stops by my booth tries some, and if there is more than one flavor they will try them all.

So If you are doing one flavor I would suggest maybe 550 ish, figuring not everyone will stop by your booth but most will.
If you are doing more than one then you would need much more to account for people trying more than 1.

catlharper Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 6

Jan, what I mean is that the system is not working on this site. It gives you a 404 error code when you go to search something after it brings up the first search. I typed it in, then went to click on the thread and got a 404. So this is why I opened up the subject again. I know how to search but the site isn't working right today.

Thanx!
Cat

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

Jan, what I mean is that the system is not working on this site. It gives you a 404 error code when you go to search something after it brings up the first search. I typed it in, then went to click on the thread and got a 404. So this is why I opened up the subject again. I know how to search but the site isn't working right today.

Thanx!
Cat

Gotcha. icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif

Used Google to find these:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-696829-.html&sid=abd3bbfa3236a9d821dc4f50630a73d2

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6734798&sid=c6548fa67d7a8486964a6b5cd339783f

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-705206-.html&sid=25f929fda1c754228693fa7f3c60c10c

HTH

catlharper Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 4:34am
post #6 of 6

Thank you! The last post helped alot! I think I'll do about 600 samples, 200 of each of 3 flavors, ice with buttercream, top with fondant and then color code with small gumpaste flowers on top and a bit of piping as a "stem". Just a pretty to look at, you know? Then make sure I have stickers with our logo on top along with forks and napkins for them.

Thanx again!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%