Oh Need Help On This One 5 Days Left

Decorating By Crazboutcakes Updated 11 Jan 2011 , 4:09pm by sacakesandbakes

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 4

Ok so I have been asked by a friend to make a cake for her daughter. She gave me some insight on what her daughter likes, which include, Pottery (party theme) music notes, treble clef, books, art and colors would be blue, orange for a 11yr old and feeding 20 or more people! needing it for Friday! icon_confused.gif

Okay so there it is my options to work with. Any ideas on putting all these things together? I would love to have a little insight if you can, thanks. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 4

how complicated of a cake are you looking to do? what's the budget?

Kitty484 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty484 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 4

Are you wanting to include everything? If so, how about the musical notes around the sides with the other things on the top? You could have a book about art, a pot with crayons etc. sticking out of the top and maybe a dripping paintbrush. I would do the icing in blue and the notes in orange. Then whatever colours you need for the top decs.

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 4

A round cake like the pottery wheel, with a piece of pottery on top (maybe a bowl or vase type). Paint brush on the side with either blue or orange paint. Make the piece of pottery look like its in the process of bieng painted. Paint some music notes on the sides of the pottery. Maybe on your cake board a book "the art of pottery".
hope you come up with something fantastic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%