Indydebi S Buttercream

Lounge By mommynana Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 4:25pm by mommynana

mommynana Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 5

i have allways made and used indydebi buttercream but i have allways used it right away, today is sat, im going to need a lot of it starting next fri, to decorate a cake for next sun and im going to need like 5 colors and i won`t get the time during the week so can i make all the BC today? and should i leave it on the counter or put it in the fridge?? thank you

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 5

You can make her buttercream ahead of time, no problem! I would put it in the frig, but that's not necessary. That's the nice thing about her recipe, it can stay fresh at room temp! icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and remember, buttercream darkens over time so if you make it today, add your colors and they will be at least two shades darker by next week. Leaving the buttercream at room temp will speed this process.

mommynana Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 5

thanks bob,im so happy i can get this done today, i guess i`ll just have to beat the BC before using

cakecraft Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 5

I use her recipe faithfully, but I hate the mess of making buttercream. So I make a huge batch, scoop it into a clean, empty fondant tub, put plastic wrap directly on top to prevent crusting, then pop on the lid. My back pantry is cool, so I leave it there and use it on all my cakes for the week. Great time saver.

mommynana Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 5

thanks cakes, good to no

Quote by @%username% on %date%