Hello...any Bakers From The Washington, Dc Area Out There?

Decorating By PGBaker Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 9:04pm by icingimages

PGBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGBaker Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:14am
post #1 of 9

Hello I'm new here to cakecentral and I was just trying to connect with any bakers in my area out there.

8 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 6:01am
post #2 of 9

I know we have people from MD and VA, but honestly, if someone is directly from DC, I missed their location. They probably don't post very often, or do not have their location in their profile.

Anyway, welcome to CC!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 9

I'm from DC in the Northeast area.

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 9

I dont frequent the Forums much but I live in Southern MD. Welcome to Cake Central!

Dessert_Diva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dessert_Diva Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 9

Welcome to CC. I don't post often but refer to CC almost daily. Great site and great people. I'm in No.VA in Reston. thumbs_up.gif Welcome.

pezadoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pezadoodle Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:48pm
post #6 of 9

welcome! i am a total beginner and live in western Loudoun County VA

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 9

I\\'ve discovered that many people don\\'t know that the DC area has a cake club. It\\'s called Casanova (For Cake And Sugar Artists of Northern Virginia), but we have people from MD and DC come as well. We meet the third Wed of every month in near Shirlington, which is in Arlington. Our first meeting of the year is Jan 19th. We have a website, but the dates need to be updated on it (I can\\'t find the password for the website icon_redface.gif ).

Each month we have someone come in and demonstrate some kind of cake-related thing. We\\'ve made birds, done flowers, learned a variety of things. Some of them are hands on, and some of them are demos.

Directions are on the website. If you have other questions, please let me know. I\\'m not actually an officer of the group, just a regular member.

ccordes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccordes Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 4:14am
post #8 of 9

I'm also down in Waldorf. This is completely just a hobby for me and I'm actually not doing as much as I would like right now because I'm going back to school, but I'm still obsessed with this site and pretty much anything to do with cake, lol.

That's great info about the cake club! I'm definitely going to look into it. Thanks!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 9

Welcome!!!! I am from Winchester VA. Husband works in DC though!!! You want to also check out www.cakeshow.org. It is Northern VA cake show in March. We will love to meet you as we will be there vending. But it is a great place to take classes and see the hottest products. You can even enter a cake in a contest!!! Norm Davis runs competitions. It is really alot of fun. I beleive there is a thread on CC regarding it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%