Preparing Your Cake Pan

Baking By scratchdog Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 3:35am by grandmomof1

scratchdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scratchdog Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 12:03am
post #1 of 9

For the first time ever I could not get my cake out of the pan now I have to redo my 6" and my 8 ". I usually use this stuff I get from the cake store which is shortening and something else works wonderfully. I ran out so I used shortening and flour and it stuck. It would take me longer to fix it with icing so I am remaking them right now. What do you use in your pans before you pour in the cake? Please hurry and reply, making it now!

8 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 12:08am
post #2 of 9

Bakers release - equal parts of shortening, oil (flavourless), and flour. Whisk/beat together. Use straight away - brush on with a pastry brush - and store the rest in an airtight plastic box on the shelf. You can make some up right now with just a teaspoon of each, to see how it works for you icon_wink.gif
I also put a parchment circle in the bottom of each greased pan, just to be sure I don't leave a chunk behind.

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 12:29am
post #3 of 9

I just use the baking spray with flour, never had a problem. I know a lot of people swear by parchment paper, I would like to try that.

trishvanhoozer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishvanhoozer Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 12:47am
post #4 of 9

I use the shortening, oil and flour combo as well as parchment. It works perfectly for me. I don't even turn them out of the pans while hot anymore. Just let them cool in the pans and take them out when I am ready to ice them. I actually buy parchment circles in each size that I use because they are so convenient.

scratchdog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scratchdog Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 1:35am
post #5 of 9

Thanks I am trying the combo. Where do you get the precut parchment papers. Here's to hoping that they come out of the pans.

trishvanhoozer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishvanhoozer Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 1:43am
post #6 of 9

I am a big bargain hunter - I usually get the parchment circles from cakeart.com or ebay. I used to buy the rolls from the grocery but such a pain to cut and I bake a lot - so it was worth it for me to buy already cut circles.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 2:50am
post #7 of 9

Parchment circle and then Pam for Baking (contains flour) for the sides. The only thing I've ever used and I haven't had a reason to switch.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 3:17am
post #8 of 9

sorry it stuck on you. i use shortening and flour. you have to remove the cake within minutes. if you need to let it sit longer, you just pop it back in the oven for about a minute which softens the shortening up and lets the cake slide out with out sticking.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 3:35am
post #9 of 9

Baker's Joy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%