Decorating By cloey Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 1:23pm by cakesrock

cloey Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 3

how do keep a foundant cake from sweatimg??? are you not supost to refrigerate and if so what do u do in the summer month icon_cry.gif

2 replies
Cheriepie Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 3

The best thing to do is refrigerate it in a closed box. If you are having excessive moisture... maybe your humidity settings need to be changed on your refer unit.

cakesrock Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 3

I never refrigerate my fondant cakes- it dries them out anyway. I keep them in the freezer if I have a perishable filling or I need to keep them longer than a few days (which is usually the case). If I need the cake within a few days, I leave it in a box (or plastic container) on the counter to keep the dust out.
But you can put the fondant decorated cake in a cakebox and wrap in 2 garbage bags (pushing out as much as as possible) or in a large tupperware container. When you take it out, it will be wet (tacky to the touch) so just let it dry off for a few hours. Then you can do any painting or RI decorations (these do not freeze well). I do this all the time and have kept decorated cakes for a couple of months. They taste totally fresh- problem solved!

Quote by @%username% on %date%