Cake Batter Separators

Decorating By dean1120 Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 1:30pm by leily

dean1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dean1120 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 8

My son is having a Wii bowling party next weekend and I want to make inidividual wii remote cakes for each child. I don't have a cake pan that makes a 2x6 cake, so I thought about using cake dividers in a 9x 13 to make several indiv. cakes at one time. Do you know of anywhere that I could buy cake batter separators? Or would it be possible to make someone at home to use? It needs to be able to stay in there while the cake bakes. Similar to those brownie pans that give you all edges and you just pop out the dividers when they're done baking, but I can't use that because I need a longer piece so it looks like a wii remote. Any ideas? Thanks!

7 replies
FrostingKrista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostingKrista Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 8

You could use the brownie pan and just join a couple of squares together so that you get the right length icon_smile.gif Sorry I don't know how to do the separator thing. I unsuccessfully tried with tinfoil to make one half a cake chocolate and the other white

birdlady9771 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdlady9771 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 8

Wouldn't it be easier to make a sheet cake and just cut out the rectangles to the size you need (make a template out of cardboard)?

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 8

You can also cut out a template from cardstock, bake the cake in your 9x13 and when it's done just cot your 2x6 rectangles.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 8

I would not even bother trying to find or make a separator! Just bake the sheet cake, and then measure and cut it out! Or use a template like others have said icon_biggrin.gif Cute idea making the wii remotes too, hope you post pictures!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 8

I've never heard of separators you could purchase.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 5:03am
post #7 of 8

Mini bread pans are almost that size, but I would just cut them out like everyone else said.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 1:30pm
post #8 of 8

I agree with others, bake your 9x13 like normal, then freeze it for an hour or two (well wrapped in plastic wrap) to firm it up and then cut it. You'll definitely want it well chilled (but not completely frozen or it won't cut well) to cut. With the cake cold it makes it a lot easier to cut it and eliminates a lot of the crumbs (which will be helpfull when you're trying to ice them)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%