Pastry Pride Users

Decorating By annieO316 Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 10:31pm by annieO316

annieO316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieO316 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 6

Is it possible to use under a cake covered in fondant?

Thats is my main question but any other tips or secrets on the product would be much appreciated, ex. Adding flavors, coloring, piping.

Thanks so much in advance. The kids really love whipped topping ( thats who request cakes from me icon_biggrin.gif )

5 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 6

No, don't use it under fondant. Everyone I know who has tried this has had the fondant get slimey.

The only trick I do is add powdered sugar to thicken it if I need it stiffer. I also add instant pudding to make a great mousse filling.

annieO316 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks.
I actually tried that the other day, on a whim, needed a "different" filling, added cheesecake pudding to PP, holy smokes, so good and texture was perfect. Going to do banana today.
The PS trick will help come the warmer months, I first used PP in summer and it drove me nuts, tried again come Fall and so much easier, now I want to use it more than BC (cheaper)

Open to more responses icon_smile.gif

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 6

In Southern CA it works well in all weather here. You just have to really beat it long enough so it won't break down. Be careful not to over whip though. I think it was about 5 -7 minutes on 6 on my KA

annieO316 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 6

Yes I am so afraid of not over whipping I may under sometimes (i dont have KA icon_cry.gif ) but I still try to time myself to make sure it's plenty of time spent whipping. The first time I tried it it was 110 degrees (July Central Valley Cali) and it just seemed to melt off (doing a cupcake cake) but since it was my first time it could of been underwhipped, and they where at an outdoor party. I made the exact same cupcake cake in Nov and I was able to add a border and other details (Peace sign) so I was thinking the weather, but I had some more experiance, so maybe it was that. Thanks for the input guys! Appreciate it.

Has anyone every added flavoring (extracts)?

annieO316 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 6

Just noticed SweetFlowers you responded both times. Thanks =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%