Candy Coloring Not Drying... Help!!

Sugar Work By coolgrace2000 Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 3:51pm by coolgrace2000

coolgrace2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolgrace2000 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 5

I made white chocolate candy using a mold and it set up just fine. Then I used candy coloring and it's not drying. Help? Do I need to spray it with something?

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 5

It's probably not gonna dry I guess. But how di dyou apply it.

You can probably wipe it off and go again maybe.

Or next time color the mold first--paint it with the colored chocolate then pour in the molten chocolate. Or you can pint it with just th ecolor sometimes too--depends.

But chocolate is a fat so stuff dosn't always stick real good. It's finicky.

coolgrace2000 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 5

I put it in the mold then took it out and painted it with candy coloring using a fine brush to get it in all the details. Any other suggestions. I would hate to start over.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 5

I think the candy coloring is meant to be added to the chocolate itself.

Options at this point are wipe it off and use some spoofle dust (my collective name for all those non-toxic and edible luster, flower & pearly dusts) Or you could brush it with powdered food coloring too. But at this point we are going for accent color to spiff up the white --I don't think you're gonna get true blue bold sea to shining sea coloring.

Another option is wipe off the color and melt & color some of the chocolate with the candy coloring and paint the mold first then pour the mold full and let it set up.

coolgrace2000 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! I will let you know. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%