Ny Cake

Lounge By dreamdelights Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 4:45am by playingwithsugar

dreamdelights Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 3:11am
post #1 of 4

I am from the New York area and I am wondering if anyone has visited NY cake in Manhattan. Is it worth the trip? I usually ordered my fondant online but I need to do a quick cake and have to travel to the city.

3 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:14am
post #2 of 4

Are you kidding? I practically live there when I'm in the city. Take along a lot of money, and rent a truck to bring all your stuff home. There is very little there that they don't sell.

The customer service isn't always the greatest, and don't forget that there's city sales tax along with state sales tax, but to me, it's still worth going.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sewsugarqueen Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:36am
post #3 of 4

I am going to manhattan in april. What kinds of things does ny cake have. I will bring an empty suitcase for plane... I'd rather look at cake decorating stuff than go regular shopping.... addictions are easy to solve when it's all sugar.

playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:45am
post #4 of 4

They carry almost everything you could possibly want for cake decorating and baking, along with candy and supplies.

You can check their website, then multiply the contents by about 100 - that's what they have. It's really a small store, packed to the rafters with supplies.

PM me when you go and maybe I'll meet you up there. We can do lunch at the Eataly, which is right around the corner, and owned by Mario Batali, Lidia Bastianich, and her son, Joe Bastianich. It's a couple of restaurants and a gelato bar in an Italian foods superstore (50,000 square feet of space).

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%