Super White Chocolate In Europe?

Decorating By Lalla Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 3:02pm by Lalla

Lalla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalla Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 7

Hello,
writing from Italy here and I recently learned about the "white chocolate fondant" but here we don't have the "Merckens super white chocolate" needed to give it a pristine tone of white. I can manage with regular white chocolate as base for other colours, in fact I think I even like a warmer shade to it, but what about that heavenly white? Where can I find the Merckens, an online shop, but Europe based? Otherwise I fear the shipping/time cost might be too high. Alternatives are welcome too. Just... super white ones, thanks!

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 2:03am
post #2 of 7

Sorry, but I can't help you with a European source for Mercken's Super White.

I am giving you a link to the United States Postal Service, International Services. If you can't find a European source, then do some research on express and priority international shipping, and then e-mail sources here in the US to see if they would accommodate your order using those services. They are the least expensive, but fast, way to ship an order from here in the US.

http://www.usps.com/international/welcome.htm?from=home_mailandshipping&page=intldeliveryservices

Buona Fortuna -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Lalla Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 11:33am
post #3 of 7

Well, thanks a lot. I figure if I want to try it I'll have to order it from there.
Funny if you think the brand has a Dutch origin!
I know I'll order it sooner or later, too curious.
You have worlds of candies and other yummy stuff there which are pretty much unseen here, damn!
Thanks!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalla

You have worlds of candies and other yummy stuff there which are pretty much unseen here, damn! Thanks!

Is it not true that we all want what is not in our reach? I'd love to live in Europe for a year, and see all the things you can see, and taste all the flavors you can taste over there. Even a year just in Italy would not be enough. I envy you, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Lalla Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 11:13am
post #5 of 7

yeah, it's funny how many things we are accustomed to and perceive as boring, make for someone else's dream.
I used to live in a "for me" terrible decadent little town with cobblestones and very old buildings, yet even this dump of a place had two fountains and a church by Bernini and a huge palace where a family of popes used to live, now a museum... nonetheless you wouldn't imagine what kind of people lived there, not the "creme de la creme" for sure... in fact all the town developed in what was centuries ago the palace's servitude homes and stables... anyway, American students use to come there regularly, enjoying strolls in what for me was the worst life trap ever, in that around here, if you fall so low to go live there, you hardly have the strenght to say it in the face... always in a half mouth sort of way... too bad I spent many years there!! I only miss the scenery from my window.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 11:50am
post #6 of 7

I can buy it from just one place in Holland (and it's not always available), but I don't think they ship outside the country. I'll check for you icon_smile.gif. It's not cheap though, considering it's not even real chocolate and tastes pretty yuk (4,51 euros for 450 grams) - I use it in my chocolate transfers only.

OK, they seem to only ship to Belgium & Germany for 10 euros for up to 30kg. They might ship to you if you ask. The website is www.maakjetaart.nl.

Lalla Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 7

well thank you very much! I did make a search but came up with nothing. So good to know!
You say it doesn't taste good, eh? I planned to use it to make white chocolate fondant, given that I don't really like the taste of simple fondant, so I guess it doesn't take much to taste better than that! Soon I'll try and see if they ship, thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%