Animal House- Frat Toga Party Cake

Decorating By AmysCakesNCandies Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 10:15pm by crp7

AmysCakesNCandies Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 6

Ok so I have a friend who wants me to do her husband's 40th birthday cake. She is leaving the design up to me but wants it to match her party theme which is Animal House (its his favorite movie) the party is a toga frat part theme and guests are coming in togas or college/ frat shirts etc. I haven't seen this movie is probably 15 years so the idea well is not exactly flowing. The cake type options are totally open- I could to a 2D shape, carved or tired, whatever is going to best convey the theme. Any thoughts?

5 replies
sewsugarqueen Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 6

O.K. just to let you know my age I actually went to a toga party in university. However no where near as naughty as the movie. The movie sticks with me for this reason.
Can you mold a few characters wearing togas? The big guy had a wreath of bay leaves that was crooked on his head. Someone holding grapes or eating a bunch of grapes.....How about the fraternity sign from the group at the movie.
I envision the toga guys and girls with a roman column , the frat sign and wall from the building.. Possibly 1 toga guy chasing a girl sort of modeled simple figures. Hope this helps
Oh the memories.... I had energy in those days to stay up late at night icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

AnnieCahill Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 11:26am
post #3 of 6

Just do a Jack Daniel's bottle. Nuff said.

AmysCakesNCandies Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 6
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Just do a Jack Daniel's bottle. Nuff said.

I was thinking about doing that but wasn't sure it it personofied the movie, since I really don't remember much from the moovie.

AnnieCahill Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, because it's one of the most famous scenes. He really did drink that whole thing in that scene. It was real JD. They had to stop filming after that.

crp7 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 6

Was the husband in college or a fraternity? Maybe you could incorporate the frat initials or a college sweatshirt laying on the floor along with something toga-ish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%