I Know You Are Probably Sick Of These Questions...

Business By LoveMeSomeCake615 Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 5:02pm by LoveMeSomeCake615

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 4:30am
post #1 of 5

but I am trying to see if we are just way off in our pricing of wedding cakes. How much would you charge for this cake, assuming it would be covered in fondant and using RI to pipe the design, made to serve 150?

I can't figure out how to post the image here, so it is in my photos, first picture, the one with brown piping and blue ribbon.

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:08pm
post #2 of 5

it's a farily simple design, i would charge my standard pricing and have the bride provide the ribbon. (I would tell her how much ribbon i needed because a lot of people can't figure out how much ribbon it takes to wrap AROUND the cake)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 5

How to figure ribbon requirements:
http://cateritsimple.blogspot.com/search/label/ribbon

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 5

$487.50 for fondant. It serves about 150ish?
I know I'm on the lower end, but that's the going price right now here- $3.25 for fondant.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 5

Well, maybe this is a better question. I know price is very dependent on your area and all that, and you really have to figure out how much you want to make over and above cost of materials and your pay for your time and skill. So I guess a better question is: how do you determine how much profit your business should be making off of a cake like that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%