How To Stamp Words On Fondant/sugarpaste?

Decorating By divalovesbaking Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 12:28am by Jennifer1970

divalovesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divalovesbaking Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 5

Please someone enlighten me? I have seen loads pictures on Flickr that people seemed to stamped Happy birthday and other messages on fondant in small letters, and there is whole group of them. What do you use? Is it stamping? I would like to make cupcakes with different personal message on it. Please help me.
TIA

4 replies
cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 12:12am
post #2 of 5

Michael's sells a clay embosser in their clay section.....I think it's by Walnut creek. I searched online for cupcakes and saw some similar to what you are describing, so of course I had to find something to make them with! If you look in my pictures, the one of the cupcake tower I just did for my daughter, you can see the cupcakes and I used that embosser to make her name on the ones that say 'Olivia'. I think it's $25.00, but I used a 50% off coupon.

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 12:14am
post #3 of 5

Oh yeah, I also used it on the pink and purple Hannah Montana cake....the white band around the bottom of the cake that says 'you rock'.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 12:23am
post #4 of 5

I have actually used stamps I found at the craft store....they imprint the fondant and then you can dust them with sparkles or whatever...you can also paint then with a gel color and apply it that way

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 12:28am
post #5 of 5

I have also used clean (never used with ink) rubber stamps. Works great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%