Help!! Need Ideas Asap

Decorating By SugarandSpice3674 Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 6:21am by DaPom

SugarandSpice3674 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

I always love the creativity and knowledge that everyone on cakecentral brings. I have been asked to do a birthday cake for 2 ppl, must have golf and poker themes. we have been brainstorming and so far have come up with doing a 2 tier cake basically decorate one half poker and other side golf. any and all ideas are so appreciated! thanks for taking the time to help icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Sucrea Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 6

This might sound crazy but what about a poker game on a golf course. The two people could be in golf attire sitting and playing poker betting their golf clubs or using tees as poker chips?

Mimi209 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 6

Another suggestion would be to do one tier for golf and one tier for poker. You could use a large diamond shape cookie cutter and cut out diamonds put the diamond shape on the edge of one of the tiers with a half white chocolate golf ball attached to the center of the diamond. You can find a golf ball mold or use a melon baller or a coffee scoop to make the half golf ball. Then on the other tier for the poker, put playing cards around the edge. You can purchase edible playing card transfers and put them on chocolate or fondant. Then put modeling chocolate dice and golf balls and chocolate poker chips on the top for the topper, with some curly fondant streamers.

Mimi209 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 6

Another suggestion would be to do one tier for golf and one tier for poker. You could use a large diamond shape cookie cutter and cut out diamonds put the diamond shape on the edge of one of the tiers with a half white chocolate golf ball attached to the center of the diamond. You can find a golf ball mold or use a melon baller or a coffee scoop to make the half golf ball. Then on the other tier for the poker, put playing cards around the edge. You can purchase edible playing card transfers and put them on chocolate or fondant. Then put modeling chocolate dice and golf balls and chocolate poker chips on the top for the topper, with some curly fondant streamers.

SugarandSpice3674 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 6

love the ideas Thanks so much!

DaPom Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 6:21am
post #6 of 6

Hummmm... as a poker playing golfer, I like this theme. icon_lol.gif

How about a large oval poker table with green felt and a golfer standing the on the table making a put into a cup at the other end?

Maybe some poker chips dimpled like golf balls, with a royal flush on the table (in clubs) and use golf clubs substituted for the poker suit? (hearts, diamonds, spades and "clubs").

Just throwing some ideas out there. I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%