Chocolate / Candy Melts Vs Fbct ?

Decorating By sweetmonkeycheese Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 9:01pm by TexasSugar

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 7

I was just wondering if anyone had any Pros/Cons about the two or if there are times when you would want to do one instead of the other.

I have done neither of them, but I am looking foward to trying the candy melts, for some reason I am turned off by the idea of FBCT, but I think b/c in my head that would be MUCH harder, but I have no idea

6 replies
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 7

bumping to the top

Did I get it correct.. it's called Frozen Butter Cream Transfer, right.. wondering if I said it wrong so no one knows what I am talking about or if maybe melted chocolate and FBCT are just really unpopular techniques

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 7

Thank You!!!

sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 7

ohh I cant wait to try this.. I had a feeling I would rather do candy melts than FBCT and this just confirms it!

imagenthatnj Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 7

I was going to tell you about the other thread...but I see that you're following that one, too.

TexasSugar Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 7

They are basicly both the same thing, you are just using different 'icings' to make them.

For both you would pipe an outline on a piece of plastic wrap, wax paper or parchment paper. For both you would fill in the different sections with colors.

For the chocolate/candy melt transfer you will have to keep your chocolate/candy melts warm.

Chocolate/candy melt transfer would be able to stand up off the cake. FBCTS will go direction on the cake.

Both can be made ahead, but for the quicker to use I'd guess you'd have to say it would be the chocolate one. Since the chocolate will harden faster than the bc will freeze.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%