Will Sps Work For This Situation?

Decorating By Spectra Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 8:21pm by Spectra

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a wedding cake for August and it will have 4 teirs, 6, 8, 10, and 12. Just found out the wedding is an hour away, so they will be picking up the cake themselves. Now I'm worried that it will collapse on them.

I've never used SPS, but I plan on ordering it for this cake. But I'm wondering if it will be safe for complete travel all assembled? Or should I recommend another way to do this cake? Like the 12 being real and the rest being fake and doing kitchen cakes as well? I really don't want the cake to fall over. The roads are twisty and bumpy where they are going.

Thanks for any tips!

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 7

it will be just fine. Make sure they put the cake on a flat surface........the trouble is really going to be ensuring they have a vehicle TALL enough to have a 4 tiered cake standing inside of it! Obviously, they want to take it easy while driving and taking corners, but I have YET to have a cake secured with sps come undone in transit...I don't put any tape or anything on the plates either, just stack em' up!

Spectra Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 7

Haha, never thought of the type of vehicle! Good point!
Thank you!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 7

SPS was developed for exactly this situation. (Civilian pick ups)

Spectra Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Leah!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra

Haha, never thought of the type of vehicle! Good point!
Thank you!

and on top of the vehicle... a four tier cake can be heavy, they need to make sure they have a couple of people to carry it.

As Leah mentioned SPS is the way to go it was made for cake civilians to transport cakes.

Spectra Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 8:21pm
post #7 of 7

That makes sense, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%