How To Make Cammo Cake Pops?

Decorating By Kread Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 2:48pm by Kread

Kread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kread Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:38am
post #1 of 6

Anyone gave an idea how to make a camouflage cake pops for a boys bday party? Could I color green pops with black markers? That would be a lot of ink!

5 replies
LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 2:25am
post #2 of 6

A couple ideas I had was to dip them in either green, dark, or milk chocolate and then use either green, dark, or milk chocolate (opposite of your base) to color little camo marks all around.

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 2:51am
post #3 of 6

What about dipping them in a basic olive green color, and then attaching modeling chocolate spots of the other colors you'd like to use (tan, black, light green). I don't have any experience adhering anything to the candy melts, though. Maybe someone else can chime in with how to accomplish that.

Kread Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:31am
post #4 of 6

Logansmommie-do you mean paint with chocolate to get the cammo markings? I've never painted with chocolate...can you do that?

LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 6

Yeah - I more so meant put the melted chocolate in a piping bag - snip off the end so that you have a a thin amount coming out and do is as if you were piping onto a cake... just making random camo marks and put them in the fridge to harden...

Kread Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 6

Hehe, that makes more sense!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%