Mega Millions!!!

Lounge By Karen421 Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 2:51pm by ccr03

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:06am
post #1 of 14

So - I never buy a lottery ticket, I'm to frugal and I figure what's the point! But 335 million!!! I couldn't resist, I bought one! So, now I get to dream a little while of what I would do with the money. I would pay off all my bills and all my friends bills. Build my DD and DS a house on our property and donate a bunch.

What would you if you won????

13 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 2:31am
post #2 of 14

After I come to from passing out and stop crying tears of joy, I would publicly give my thanks to God. I would pay off my debts and move to a better neighborhood, then renovate the house I am currently in and rent it to very responsible individuals. I would help my family and friends, then donate to five specific domestic charities that are dear to my heart.

My son has a dream Saab in mind, one we would have to go to Sweden to order. A couple of Summer weeks in Sweden sounds good to me.

Then I would buy my dream property in NYC and remodel/renovate until it's exactly the way I want it.

Travel is a must. First, I would see my own country, but not necessarily the major cities. As much as I am a city girl, I would also like to see the small towns and villages, and talk to the people, eating local foods and asking them what they love most about their town. I want to go to Alaska and see what Sarah Palin has been showing us on television about the beauty of her state. I've never been to Disney, so that's a must.

I want to see the sun and moon rise and set from an island shore, a ship in the middle of the ocean, a mountaintop & a desert. I want to sit in the middle of a field in the Midwest and look at a starlit sky during a new moon, far away from any city lights. I want to be in the desert at night during a full moon, where she shines so brightly you'd think it's daytime. I want to go to an observatory with a huge telescope and look at the planets.

I love to learn about other cultures, and would want to spend a couple of months each year visiting other countries to take in their language and customs, their art and architecture, even their religions. I want to see the animals on the Serengeti plain. I want to spend time in a rain forest, before they're all gone.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 2:46am
post #3 of 14

We would keep out 1 million and invest the rest. Then live off of the interest for the rest of our lives. My BF would continue to work (he loves his job) I would

Here is our list of what we would do with that 1 million
- Pay off our house
- Pay off my FIL house, and buy my MIL one
- Plan a family vacation with my parents and my BF"s family (his parents and sister)
- Set up a college fund for our two nephews and one niece
- I would buy a VW bug
- my BF would get a 7 series BMW
- we would give anywhere from 100,000 to our immediate family members (parents and sibling)
- Donate to a few of our favorite charities
- start a non-profit in our area (this has been on our list for a few years now)
- And start planning a lot of fun family vacations for the future!

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 2:57am
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

...- I would buy a VW bug

And, would that be a classic VW Beetle, or a newer one? If I were in the market for a Beetle, it would definitely be a classic. Those things got fabulous gas mileage, especially on the highways.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:08am
post #5 of 14
Quote:

And, would that be a classic VW Beetle, or a newer one? If I were in the market for a Beetle, it would definitely be a classic. Those things got fabulous gas mileage, especially on the highways.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:45am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

. . . . .

Travel is a must. First, I would see my own country, but not necessarily the major cities. As much as I am a city girl, I would also like to see the small towns and villages, and talk to the people, eating local foods and asking them what they love most about their town. I want to go to Alaska and see what Sarah Palin has been showing us on television about the beauty of her state. I've never been to Disney, so that's a must.

I want to see the sun and moon rise and set from an island shore, a ship in the middle of the ocean, a mountaintop & a desert. I want to sit in the middle of a field in the Midwest and look at a starlit sky during a new moon, far away from any city lights. I want to be in the desert at night during a full moon, where she shines so brightly you'd think it's daytime. I want to go to an observatory with a huge telescope and look at the planets.

I love to learn about other cultures, and would want to spend a couple of months each year visiting other countries to take in their language and customs, their art and architecture, even their religions. I want to see the animals on the Serengeti plain. I want to spend time in a rain forest, before they're all gone.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif WOW just reading that made me feel good!!!! icon_lol.gif

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 4:10am
post #7 of 14

Well you'd only get about 150 Million of that for yourself and that would probably only be if you decided on yearly payments instead of one big payout. One big payout and you'd "Only" get 100Mil at most. Yes I said only. LOL.

10% would immediately be tithed. 25% would go in a savings or IRA type fund. Atleast 1/2 of whats left would be invested then I'd play with the rest. icon_wink.gif Pay off my student loans, buy a truck and horse trailer and house with a horse farm/barn. Buy me a few good bred horses to start my own farm. I'd be a happy little bee. I would also share with my immediate family giving them all atleast a million each.

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 4:11am
post #8 of 14

Thank you. That's pretty much been my bucket list since I was a teenager. Believe it or not (because I can be such a cynic), I have always looked for the beauty in people, places and things. Things being as they are in the world, that beauty has been hidden from all of us. Having that kind of money would put me in a position to find it again.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 5:21am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by au_decorator_76

Well you'd only get about 150 Million of that for yourself and that would probably only be if you decided on yearly payments instead of one big payout. One big payout and you'd "Only" get 100Mil at most. Yes I said only. LOL.

10% would immediately be tithed. 25% would go in a savings or IRA type fund. Atleast 1/2 of whats left would be invested then I'd play with the rest. icon_wink.gif Pay off my student loans, buy a truck and horse trailer and house with a horse farm/barn. Buy me a few good bred horses to start my own farm. I'd be a happy little bee. I would also share with my immediate family giving them all atleast a million each.

I think I could deal with only 100mil LOL icon_lol.gif I already have a horse ranch, but I might build a nicer barn for them!! A really, really nice barn!

Theresa if you can alter the midwest to the southwest, you can come anytime and stare up at the stars in our pasture, it is far away from the city lights!

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 6:21am
post #10 of 14

Thanks, Karen421. It sounds splendid.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 6:27am
post #11 of 14

And tonight's winning numbers are -

4 8 15 25 47 and the Power Ball number 42

Needless to say, I didn't have them.

There's no indication on the website as to whether the jackpot went out or not.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Karen421 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:56pm
post #12 of 14

Well - I don't either, but it was sure nice to dream for a little while!!! icon_smile.gif I hope the 2 winning tickets enjoy it!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 2:09pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Quote:

Theresa icon_smile.gif

I'll wait and see what their new design is this spring first icon_smile.gif although first we have to winl... so i'll just wait to see what's available if we ever win.

and it looks like someone won the jackpot. Here is the info on their website this morning.
"Two tickets matched all six numbers in the January 4 Mega
Millions drawing. Those tickets, which were purchased in Idaho
and Washington, split the estimated $355 million jackpot."

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 2:51pm
post #14 of 14

No winners here, but I'll play along anyway.

1. Setup education funds for my nieces and nephews and any to come through college/grad/medical school.
2. Give my siblings each $1mil
3. Set my parents up for the retirement of a lifetime
4. Re-open my alma mater
5. Set the church up for life
6. Go on my missionary trip
7. Travel the world - a WHOLE family trip to the Holy Land!
8. Have the businesses I always dreamed of
9. $500k for the wedding of my dreams icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%