Hi everyone - Happy new year!
I wanted to see how you all felt about the cookie club. Should we continue or drop it at this point. There was good interest for the first couple of months this time, but I know around the holidays people get really busy.... should we keep it going?
Sure, why not!! Even though I don't always have opportunity to contribute, I love looking at other people's pix. (Besides, I'm hoping for a "dresses or fashion" theme -- I have my own line of cookie cutters coming out soon so I'm REALLY excited to show them off!
yes please, continue. I think with all the mess the site had is when it went down hill.
What is the cookie club?
ooooh, what's the cookie club? Sounds like something I would be interested in!
It's a lot of fun! Basically someone picks a theme, like dresses for example and everyone makes dress cookies. The problem is that we can't upload pix into the threads like we used to so the cookie club took a bit of a hit on that one.
Thanks bobwonderbuns! That sounds really fun! I would love to do that!
OK, then. shall we go with a winter theme for January, since the month is almost half over anyway? And then choose a more creative theme for February? Maybe fashion...?
What do you think?
I have a question -- since we cannot upload pix into a thread and the galleries are still having trouble, do we want to wait or go ahead with a new conditional rule to accomodate the glitches?
sorry - I haven't been on much lately, and I totally forgot about hat issue...
How about if we start the thread with the theme, and people can post a link to the picture in their photos if they can't post to the thread? That might be a good solution until the glitch is fixed....?
I'm good with that! What does everyone else think?
What are the rules to participate in this club? Can I see your previous pictures? I\\'m new in this but will be happy to join.
anyone can join! We welcome all cookiers!
The \\"guidelines\\" for the group are on the first post in each thread. If you want to see some of the past themes and cookies - they are amazing! - just do a search for \\"cookie club\\" under the cookie section. Each month that we did it has it\\'s own thread. There are a few from 2010, and others from 2009, and 2008... maybe 2007 also...?
I love the cookie of the month club! Let's keep it going, please! I like the ideas for themes for Jan. and Feb., too.
I compiled a list of links a while ago to a bunch of the threads from previous months. If you want to check them out, here's the link:
Here are the rules from before:
*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnt a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!
* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.
* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures).
* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!!
* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.
* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).
* The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by the first person to post a picture the previous month. That person should PM Bonniebakes with your theme choice before the month is over so that the new thread can be started on the 1st of the month (or within a day or two from the 1st).
sorry for the delay cookiers - I had my wisdom teeth removed and I'm still recuperating. I'll go start a January thread now - "winter theme" seemed to be the consensus....
Can you post the link when you get it set up please? Thanks!!!
Here's the link for the January cookie club: