Magic Line Vs. Fat Daddios

Decorating By sweetheart6710 Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 1:40am by infinitsky

sweetheart6710  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:07am
post #1 of 10

I have been using Wilton round and square pans for about a year now. I have never really felt like they give me a great product to work with (not awful, just not amazing). So while I was shopping around on Global Art, I ran across Magic Line and Fat Daddios pans. I have read about them in the forums before, but I want to know which one is better. Has anyone used both? Are there better pans out there? I just want (square) pans that have sharper corners, less rounded, something durable, quality, etc. Advice?

9 replies
 leily  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 10

magic line all the way. They have sharper corners, are a heavier gauge aluminum.

leafO  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 10

I just bought magic line square pans on the good advice of everyone here. I have to say I think I'm in love!! icon_biggrin.gif

The corners are so sharp and the cakes turned out of the pan so beautifully! I didn't even have to use any parchment paper. I got them on sale on Amazon for a really great price.

Claire138  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 10

I have been using wiltons too for about a year & like you find them ok as a product, I've also heard so much about magic line but have been unable to buy them bc they are so expensive to ship to Europe and I can't find them here so I'll have to wait........!

leah_s  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 10

Magic Line. No question.

Claire138  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 10

Does anyone know if any stores in the New York/Manhattan area sell Magic Line?

shanney54  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 10

I love my Magic Line pans!!! I just need to buy some more!

fairmaiden0101  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:02am
post #8 of 10

I have tested both and really dont find a difference in the finished product-they are both great! However; I do find that I have to bake a lot longer in the magic line pans. Magic line seem heavier and more durable but as far as the final product I would say, for me, they have been equally fine.

leah_s  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:03am
post #9 of 10

Someone on CC did a side by side test over a year ago and posted pics. The discussion turned, mmm . . . contentious and the post was deleted. Go figure. Anyway, there was a marked difference in the browning and height of the cakes when compared side by side. There was a consensus that the ML pans produced better results. I don't want to dredge up all the findings in that old thread, because it would likely get me banned, but ML was the clear winner.

infinitsky  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:40am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Magic Line. No question.

Ditto! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%