Magic Line Vs. Fat Daddios

Decorating By sweetheart6710 Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 1:40am by infinitsky

sweetheart6710 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:07am
post #1 of 10

I have been using Wilton round and square pans for about a year now. I have never really felt like they give me a great product to work with (not awful, just not amazing). So while I was shopping around on Global Art, I ran across Magic Line and Fat Daddios pans. I have read about them in the forums before, but I want to know which one is better. Has anyone used both? Are there better pans out there? I just want (square) pans that have sharper corners, less rounded, something durable, quality, etc. Advice?

9 replies
leily Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 10

magic line all the way. They have sharper corners, are a heavier gauge aluminum.

leafO Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 10

I just bought magic line square pans on the good advice of everyone here. I have to say I think I'm in love!! icon_biggrin.gif

The corners are so sharp and the cakes turned out of the pan so beautifully! I didn't even have to use any parchment paper. I got them on sale on Amazon for a really great price.

Claire138 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 10

I have been using wiltons too for about a year & like you find them ok as a product, I've also heard so much about magic line but have been unable to buy them bc they are so expensive to ship to Europe and I can't find them here so I'll have to wait........!

leah_s Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 10

Magic Line. No question.

Claire138 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 10

Does anyone know if any stores in the New York/Manhattan area sell Magic Line?

shanney54 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 10

I love my Magic Line pans!!! I just need to buy some more!

fairmaiden0101 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:02am
post #8 of 10

I have tested both and really dont find a difference in the finished product-they are both great! However; I do find that I have to bake a lot longer in the magic line pans. Magic line seem heavier and more durable but as far as the final product I would say, for me, they have been equally fine.

leah_s Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:03am
post #9 of 10

Someone on CC did a side by side test over a year ago and posted pics. The discussion turned, mmm . . . contentious and the post was deleted. Go figure. Anyway, there was a marked difference in the browning and height of the cakes when compared side by side. There was a consensus that the ML pans produced better results. I don't want to dredge up all the findings in that old thread, because it would likely get me banned, but ML was the clear winner.

infinitsky Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:40am
post #10 of 10
Originally Posted by leah_s

Magic Line. No question.

Ditto! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%