What To Charge For These Cupcakes?

Baking By sarascakecreations Updated 4 Jan 2011 , 6:00am by sarascakecreations

sarascakecreations Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 4:50am
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone,

So I have made cupcakes before but usually just with a buttercream swirl and maybe a monogram on top or something like that.

So this customer wants car themed cupcakes for her son's birthday done with the car emblems on top. So I guess I will bake cupcakes then have to cut out the designs in fondant and use some buttercream to stick them on. She wants 60 cupcakes... what should I charge each?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2143/2342149959_8da2efbb92.jpg

** Also sorry kind of a different question, I have another order for cupcakes with cream cheese frosting... question, can cream cheese frosting be colored? She wants them red so I imagine it will take quite a bit of gel color, should I add more icing sugar to make up for the bit of extra liquid I will be adding?

4 replies
rowingmom Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 5:15am
post #2 of 5

What would you charge for a regular cupcake? I would then figure how much time it will take for you to make one and how much it will cost in materials and then charge accordingly. I would defintely be charging more than three dollars.

pugmama1 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 5:44am
post #3 of 5

Yes! Definitely more than 3 dollars!

leily Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 5:55am
post #4 of 5

I wouldn't charge anything for the cupcakes because the car emblems and company logo's are copyrighted/tradmarked

As for the cream cheese icing. It can be colored, since it's a dark color i would mix it a day or two in advance and let it sit so the color can deepen and you can get it to the right color.

sarascakecreations Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:00am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for all the input!

And good tip about letting the icing sit for a day or 2.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%