Home Bakery In Washington?

Business By VivalaCake Updated 22 May 2014 , 5:26pm by Jnfulmer

VivalaCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VivalaCake Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 11

Can someone link me to the regulations in Washington State? I just registered my cake business and could really use some direction on how to proceed. Thanks!

10 replies
DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 11

I'm in Washington - Clark County. You cannot have a home based business where you are making food from your home. Unless of course you do renovations to meet county guidelines - like a 3 compartment sink, seperate storage etc. I don't think you can legally cook from your home anywhere in Washington. The best place to start is the Health Department for where you live. It is really unfortuante especially with the lack of commerical kitchen space - at least in Clark County. Good luck to you!

VivalaCake Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you for the links!
@ Dana: I'm in Snohomish County and have thought about renting a commercial kitchen. The wedding venue that I'm an independent contractor with has one, maybe I can working something out with them, but if all I need is 3 compartment sink, why not upgrade!? That seems simple enough...

VivalaCake Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 11

I just saw that it says "newbie" under my name. icon_redface.gif Harsh!

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 11

try this: http://www.snohd.org/Shd_EH/Eh_FLE/FoodSafety.aspx This is the place to start for Snohomish County. Keep posting and you will lose your Newbie status pretty quick!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 12:00am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivalaCake

that "newbie" status is based off of how many post you've made in the forums, means nothing else. The more post you make the higher the rank you'll get. There is somewhere on the site that states how many post you need for what rank, but i can't remember where it's at.

VivalaCake Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 6:32am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivalaCake

that "newbie" status is based off of how many post you've made in the forums, means nothing else. The more post you make the higher the rank you'll get. There is somewhere on the site that states how many post you need for what rank, but i can't remember where it's at.

Oh that's funny. Well I have a thousand posts on a different website, but on there you don't get ranked lol

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 7:43am
post #8 of 11

25- Junior, 100- Regular.. that's about as far as I am, so I don't know any past that. IndyDeb has about 25,000! Can you even imagine??

VivalaCake Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 8:48am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart6710

25- Junior, 100- Regular.. that's about as far as I am, so I don't know any past that. IndyDeb has about 25,000! Can you even imagine??

I've seen 100,000 done on the website, baby-gaga. & no I can't imagine how that is even possible.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 1:16pm
post #10 of 11

found the page where it has number of post you need for each ranking
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums-ranks.html

Jnfulmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jnfulmer Posted 22 May 2014 , 5:26pm
post #11 of 11

AHi. I was wondering if you happen to still be in Washington and up holding you cake business? Thanks in advance

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%