Rasberry Filling

Baking By my3girlz Updated 3 Jan 2011 , 9:58pm by All4Show

my3girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my3girlz Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 10

I have a cake I need to make ahead of time ( 1 week ) due to my daughter having surgery. Its chocolate cake with rasberry filling. Can I freeze this cake with the filling? Also any good EASY rasberry filling recipes would be great too. Thanks!

9 replies
elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 10

I wouldn't freeze with the filling. Are you freezing it frosted too?? It takes so little time to fill, I'd wait if you can.
Here's the filling I make:

1- 10oz bag of frozen raspberries
1/2 cup current jelly
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Thaw the raspberries in the bag and once thawed crush with your hand while still in the bag.
Place the crushed berries in a sauce pan with the jelly and cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly until bubbling. Cook 1 more minute; cool and use. You can make this filling ahead of time and refrigerate if you like.

Hope this helps.

visionsofprisms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
visionsofprisms Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 10

I freeze my cakes with a raspberry mouse filling all the time. I am sorry but I can't remember my filling off the top of my head.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 10

Here's mine...It doesn't get any easier than this one. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/14944/easy-raspberry-filling

my3girlz Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 10

I am doing as much prep work as I possibly can. Its for a Wedding on Sat and my daughter is having her tonisls out Thurs. I wanted them baked, filled, and Frosted so Friday all I would have to do is cover them with Fondant and do a little decorating all while caring for her. Sigh I wish i could pay someone to do it for me this go around.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 10

I have never frozen this filling before but it is the best!
2 1/2 c raspberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 c sugar
2 1/2 Tbs cornstarch

Put all ing in a saucepan and let come to a boil (while stirring) boil for 2 minutes or until thickened and mixture is not cloudy. Take off heat and cool. It's so yummy and works with all sorts of fruits!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for the great recipes!

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:31pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

Here's mine...It doesn't get any easier than this one. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/14944/easy-raspberry-filling

I add 2 cups of whole raspberries to this and I freeze it all the time.

my3girlz Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show

Quote:

So you put the filling in the cake freeze the cake and it thaws just fine?? I am so nervous. Thanks!!!!! icon_surprised.gif

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:58pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by my3girlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show

Quote:

So you put the filling in the cake freeze the cake and it thaws just fine?? I am so nervous. Thanks!!!!! icon_surprised.gif

I have. I make a good stiff buttercream dam. Be careful not to fill any higher than your dam. Let your cake settle a little to check for possible leaks. I have even gone ahead and frosted and then wrapped in plastic wrap, followed by foil and then a plastic box and then placed it in my freezer. I thaw it slowly in my fridge. I know somebody will come along and say I'm crazy but I've never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%