Giant Cookie Recipes

Baking By Mikail Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 7:29pm by Mikail

Mikail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikail Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

I'm planning on making heart shaped giant cookies for Valentines that I will decorate with royal icing. I can't find a heart shaped giant cookie cake pan so am either going to have one custom made for me (or have a giant cookie cutter made) - am mentioning this just incase rolling is required. The widest diameter of the heart will be 8-10 inches. Any good sugar cookie recipe? I prefer a cookie with a smooth surface; all I'm finding on the internet are chocolate chip ones. Would like to have a basic vanilla/almond sugar cookie recipe. Appreciate your feedback.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 4

I think if you have a look on ebay they is always cookie and cakepans available.Back a few years ago Wilton put out the giant round and heart cookie pans so it should be easy to find.Try the NFSC recipe for a smooth sugar cookie..It is listed in the recipe section.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 4

I've baked chocolate chip cookie dough in regular cake pans before with out a problem. The key to keeping them flat, that I have found is to not spread the dough all the way to the edge of the pan, since it will spread out some.

If you want to use a roll out cookie dough, like the NFSC dough, I'd probably just roll it out on parchment paper and use a knife and a paper template (you can always cover it with contract paper) and just cut out the size/shape heart you want. I'd then transfer the parchment paper on to a cookie sheet and bake until done.

Mikail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikail Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I live in Kuwait and it's hassle ordering/shipping stuff over here; can also get quite expensive. Now why didn't it cross my mind to cut out a template and do the parchment paper thing icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%