3D House?

Decorating By dakotablackodom Updated 3 Jan 2011 , 10:00pm by silverdragon997

dakotablackodom Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 7

How do you make a 3D house out of cake? Wanting to make one to sit on top of a sheet cake. Thanks!

6 replies
BosCakes Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 7

if it's going to sit on top of another cake, you could make it out of cereal treats, or carve it out of cake. EIther way, make sure you use support in the cake below! I'm actually making a 3d house this week, too. Getting the scale right is tricky for me. And there are so many details that can get overlooked!

silverdragon997 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 7

I made one for the Christmas theme cake in my photo gallery. I just made 4 6" cakes, used two for the bottom of the cake, and carved the other two into a triangle shape for the roof. Then covered each side in a piece of fondant cut to the size of the side of the house. The roof tiles were also made of fondant.

dakotablackodom Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you so much! I really want to try the 3D house but I'm so afraid it will fall as the cake needs to travel by car for about 2 1/2 hrs.... Do you think it will be ok if I put plenty of support in it? Thanks!!!

silverdragon997 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 7

It should be fine as long as it's well supported, I would think. You could always stack the cake once you're at the location. If you aren't delivering it, then just be sure to warn the person that they need to drive carefully.

dakotablackodom Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 7

I'm meeting her on Friday and she will travel the remaining hr or so and enjoy the cake the next day! I am not able to attend the event therefore I will NOT be there to fix any uh-oh's!!! This is why I'm so worried! icon_surprised.gif

silverdragon997 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 10:00pm
post #7 of 7

You should have her sign something saying that the cake is fine and you aren't responsible for any damage after it leaves your possession. That way if she DOESN'T drive like there's a cake in the car or puts it on an table that's wobbly or something, you're covered.

Quote by @%username% on %date%