Anyone Have Any Good Recipes And/or Tips For Macarons?

Baking By MJTKNT Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 3:54pm by sewsugarqueen

MJTKNT Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 8:04am
post #1 of 7

Anyone, anyone? I want to try out some French macarons, and if all goes well, make a few different flavors for my friends baby shower at the end of the month. Please share your recipes!

6 replies
scp1127 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 10:02am
post #2 of 7

There are some great books and tutorials out there... I am just learning myself, but from what I have found, your oven, baking style, ingredients, etc, play into the success, so don't get discouraged if they don't turn out the first time. Just keep making adjustments until they come out right.

Ambar2 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 12:11pm
post #3 of 7

There is a small tutorial at bakerella....http://www.bakerella.com/macarons/
Tartelette explains the trick to them

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 7

Egullet.org has threads on macarons in the pastry forum.

playingwithsugar Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 7

There's a huge thread in the archives here on CC about them, complete with links to other websites that have info on them.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

MJTKNT Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 5:19am
post #6 of 7

Thanks all. I'm going to try making some early next week. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm planning to adorn these to a half circle of styrofoam and make them into turtle shells. Ideas for the head/legs/tail? I'm trying to make this easier that fondant covered RKT if I can since I have to make a ton of appetizers, drinks, and a full cake as well.

sewsugarqueen Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 7

A few tips for them ( made them in December). They are very labour intensive. You do need to let the egg whites sit out in fridge at least 24 hours. There is a big difference when you use old eggs ( the recipe loves them). Also let piped dough sit out and crust for at least 20 minutes .
Tried 3 different recipes and found that preheating over to 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then dropping temp to 325 when I put in the cookies made a better cookie. I did this between each batch... raise up temp then turn it down and put in cookies. Use parchment paper on cookie tray.
Hope these hints help. Don't be surprised if it takes a few tries. Did it 4 times before I got the hang of it.

Also there are some youtube videos on making macarons

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%