Using Kitchen Aid To Make Mmf

Decorating By LindieLu Updated 3 Jan 2011 , 3:42am by tryingcake

LindieLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindieLu Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 9

I bought myself a Kitchen Aid mixer (Profesional 600 series) for Christmas. I had in the past made MMF by kneading it by hand... I'd like to be able to use my mixer to do the dirty work for me.. has anyone does this?? Any suggestions? Helpful hints? Thanks!

8 replies
KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 9

I've only made MMF with a mixer. I watched a great video on YouTube that showed me how.

Scarlets-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 9

I have that same mixer and it's WONDERFUL for making MMF. Just make sure you pour the marshmallows in first. And if you want colored MMF, color the melted marshmallows before pouring into the bowl. But don't add the entire amount of sugar. You'll still need to knead in the last little bit to ensure that it's not too dry. Good luck! You'll do great!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 9

yup! grease up the bowl and the dough hook with some shortening first.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 9

here are some of my pics making MMF in my artisan kitchenaid:

http://cakeoricandothat.blogspot.com/2009/12/marshmallow-fondant-mmf-tutorial.html

BlueMoon73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueMoon73 Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 9

Oh your life will be so much easier now!! Yes grease up the bowl and hook good!!

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 9

I love using my Kitchen Aid for making MMF. It is so much easier and cleaner. I usually melt the marshmallows and spray the bowl to prevent sticking and mix with the dough hook. I don't put all of the powdered sugar. I take it out and knead the last little bit by hand.

LindieLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindieLu Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:32am
post #8 of 9

Thanks ladies for your input!! I can't believe how much quicker this is!!! It literally took 20 minutes from start to end... (greasing the bowls to wrapping the fondant up!) UNBELIEVABLE!!! This Kitchen Aid is going to make my life so much easier. icon_smile.gif

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:42am
post #9 of 9

I also have to 600 series and would not make MMF any other way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%