Need Some Idea Help - Groom's Cake Winter Classic/hockey...

Decorating By LogansMommie Updated 8 Jan 2011 , 6:32pm by neelycharmed

LogansMommie Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 5

Hey CC'ers - You guys are amazing and I'm hoping you can help me with some ideas.

I've been requested by a friend to make a groom's cake for their Rehersal dinner. She said her hubby to be loves the Boston Bruins and was thinking about a cake that incorporated the Winter Classic game they held last year at Fenway Park (home of the Boston Red Sox).

I don't know if I should do a replica of Fenway Park, but create a hockey rink in the middle....

I'm just kinda lost on how to bring it all together (and not make it too technically difficult!) icon_smile.gif

Appreciate any ideas you may have to help! icon_smile.gif TIA!

4 replies
cownsj Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 5

That is a tough one.... In case you do decide to make the rink inside fenway, here is a link that shows how it may be positioned: And here is an actual photo:

Another idea I had was maybe to make a set of tickets for the game.,_Marco&usg=__GGagrJxBgjjzDEs4LZBGjACyldE=&h=500&w=500&sz=97&hl=en&start=69&zoom=1&tbnid=rewgo3YYoaxb-M:&tbnh=133&tbnw=146&prev=/,r:14,s:69&tx=81&ty=49

Or possibly use the logo?,r:3,s:0

LogansMommie Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you! I've given some ideas to the bride to be and we'll see if she likes them! icon_smile.gif

cownsj Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 5

Good luck, let us know what you end up with. And pictures, we need pictures.....

neelycharmed Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 5

I would love to see that cake!
I am a huge Bruins fan! icon_biggrin.gif
I would think making Fenway park would be super hard...
Good luck to you in whatever you decide. thumbs_up.gif
I would make the tickets and a hockey puck cake with the logo.
Jodi icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%