Client *high* On Delivery. Funny -Vent-

Decorating By KakesbyKris Updated 2 Jan 2011 , 4:00pm by KimberleysOven

KakesbyKris Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 5:16am
post #1 of 9

I had a nightmare of a cake this weekend. Nothing was going right. I was on CC several times looking for help. I was ready to throw the cake against a wall. When it was finished I was not happy with the final product. It was not my best work and was not comfortable getting full price for substandard work no matter what my excuse was. I had prepared to offer 10% off the price on delivery.
We had a huge snowstorm, So I stressed driving icy roads to deliver said cake. I get there and even though it snowed 2 days ago they walkway had not been shoveled. I had to trek through the snow carrying this cake. The door opened and it was not hard to tell what the smell was in the air. And it was not cake!!
The party was an hour away from starting, but some "guests" were already there. While I was explaining how to cut the cake and about the supports as well as the discount, the guests apparently had the "munchies" and hacked into the cake.
I was mortified. It wasn't my best work, but it would have been nice if it had at least made it to the party in one piece.
They did say they would definitely be ordering again and I was inviting to drop by and "hang" out later.
Oy!!

8 replies
ConfectionsCC Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 5:30am
post #2 of 9

Bwhahahahahah! I am sorry, but that is a funny story...well besides the sucky part about the snow and everything wrong with your cake ( I bet it stilll looked great, we are our worst critics)

KakesbyKris Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 5:50am
post #3 of 9

Boy, I must still have a contact high 'cause there are grammar mistakes galore in my post. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I showed the pics to my DH and the first couple he said I was being too hard on myself. Then I showed him the worst side and he agreed with me. I am almost too embarrassed to post pics on CC.
If I had know what was waiting for me on delivery I wouldn't have spent my New Year's fretting over this cake.

cutiepiecupcake Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 11:08am
post #4 of 9

ha haaa.. that is gold! Bet they were hanging out for your cake icon_smile.gif

grama_j Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 9

I hope you didn't give them the discount...... please tell us you didn't get that far before they ate the cake.......

tokazodo Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 9

Just what is that secret ingredient you put in your cake extender recipe?! icon_confused.gif
Just kidding! icon_lol.gif
Happy New Year, thanks for the laugh! icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 2:19pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

Just what is that secret ingredient you put in your cake extender recipe?! icon_confused.gif
Just kidding! icon_lol.gif
Happy New Year, thanks for the laugh! icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KakesbyKris Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 3:38pm
post #8 of 9

I could tap into a whole new clientele. I know where to get that "secret ingredient" now and there is a large college crowd here. Not the group I was hoping would be regular customers, but it could be very lucrative. icon_lol.gif

I had already handed over the refund check and had my back to the cake table. I will recoup it though. He orders cake balls from me by the dozens. of course now I know why a young, single guy wanted so many every couple of weeks. icon_wink.gif

KimberleysOven Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 9

Hehe, this made me chuckle icon_smile.gif I bet you'll get lots of repeat custom from them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%