Cake Club Ala Leah S

Decorating By bakencake Updated 1 Jan 2011 , 9:16pm by bakencake

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 9

I really like CC and I love Leahs' cake club. Im only a hobby baker and would like to start a cake club in person in my area. I love interacting with cakers and would love to hang out with people in person who have my same hobby (and drink some wine while we are at it icon_smile.gif. I have friends that like to drink wine but not talk about cake thumbsdown.gif . so my question is how do i start a local cake club? Where can i post something to lure my cake making friends?

8 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 9

Check with your local newspaper. The newspaper where I live offers free postings of meetings information in the Sunday edition.

American Cake Decorating used to offer this type of listing, also, but I do not know if they charge for them or not.

Use the events section of CC to post your meeting dates and times.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you Theresa. I didn't know we had an events section. Im on it!

Kaylani Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 9

Isnt this a good place to find other cakers in your area who would like to meet?

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 9

Kaylani, you are right! I live in the Valley Ranch area (irving) in Dallas if anybody is interested in joining!

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 9

going to start a post

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 9

Hi guys, I live in Las Colinas (right outside of dallas tx) I saw Leahs cake club and I thought it would be great if I started a physical club in my area to talk, share and help with cakes, cupcakes, cookies and decorations, and what ever. Let me know if you are interested.

simplysouthern Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:03pm
post #8 of 9

Try meet.com they have a very organized way of finding meet up groups that have common interest and best of all....FREE!!!!!

GL

bakencake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 9:16pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you simplysouthern! will try right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%