Pricing Cup Cakes

Baking By TeresaSimmons Updated 1 Jan 2011 , 3:09pm by awatterson

TeresaSimmons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TeresaSimmons Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 4

I am fairly new at all of this. Found a wonderful price chart on here somewhere for a suggestions for cakes.
I have a friend that has a catering company and she has asked me to make 50 cupcakes for a wedding.TOMORROW told me yesterday lol. Just plain white cupcakes reg. size and just white Butter Cream icing. I feel like i underprice as is but what would be a good reasonable price for this.
Happy New Year to all and I LOVE CAKE CENTRAL and all the good people i have met on here and great ideas
Teresa
[email protected]

3 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 4

I charge $2.00 cupcake for plain ones.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 4

Aside from the large last minute fee you mean?
Some people charge the same as their per slice fee. I have seen a large range of numbers on here, not sure what you could say the average is. You need to look at other custom bakeries in you area too to see what the going rate is, you don't want to be too low, unless you are actually rubbish, which I doubt, or too high, unless you are actually the best!
How is she planning to display them? Remember a cash rental fee if you provide a stand. And of course, cash ONLY for the cake - too easy to cancel a cheque with this lack of time. And preferably, cash before u bake!
Work out your price like the other cake chart - ingredient, equipment, power, gas, an then time.
xx

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:09pm
post #4 of 4

I charge $1.50 per cupcake for plain cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%