Am I The Only One Caking Tonight? Can't Find The Friday Club

Decorating By KakesbyKris Updated 1 Jan 2011 , 4:41am by cheatize

KakesbyKris Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 2:20am
post #1 of 7

I can't find the Friday night club and I am having trouble.

I am making a mailbox and ran out of BC. I am trying to make a new batch, but I can't get my ingredients to cream. I think it's the weather. I need suggestions.

I use IndyDebi's recipe but with half butter and half crisco.

I haven't added the PS yet because I can't get the other ingredients i.e. milk crisco, butter, flavoring, and Dream whip to cream and turn smooth.

It is 0 degrees farenheight and dropping.

Do you think it's too cold? I brought the butter to room temp before using. Maybe turn up the heat in the house or turn on the oven to warm up the kitchen?

Any suggestions would be great!

Happy New Year!! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
dawncr Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 2:27am
post #2 of 7

Never fear. Leah will begin the Friday Night Cake Club in a little bit.

I can't remember the window of time she does it, but I think it's between 9:30 and 10:00 CST.

CakeDiva101 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:02am
post #3 of 7

Try warm up the milk a bit. It works for me if my butter is too cold. Happy caking and Happy New Year!

cheatize Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:22am
post #4 of 7

It may be cold outside, but what's the temp in your house?

Isacake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:34am
post #5 of 7

No your not the only one caking! I just finish a batch of cupcake that I will offer to my employes tomorrow. It is sad enough to work on january first, I tough this can brighten their day! Unfortunately, I have no answer to your question but I am curious about the friday club. What is it?

cheatize Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:41am
post #7 of 7

Playingwithsugar just gave the link for it. Hop on over there. Leah's asking you a question about your problem and giving you a suggestion. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%