New Year's Resolutions...

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 3 Jan 2011 , 3:04pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

I woke up this morning, remembering that it is New Year's Eve. While we will celebrate tonight, my new year doesn't really start until the 3rd. That will be the first full day I will be home after a lovely week log vacation to the mountains. Nothing like laying in bed thinking about what you need to do in the new year, but also thinking about how you can accomplish it. If I have learned one thing with my weight loss struggle, to accomplish a goal (and isn't that what a resolution really is) you have to have a plan. So through out today I will begin to think about the main goals I want to accomplish in 2011, as well as ways I can make them happen.

The three biggest goals I have for 2011 are to lose weight, to save money, and to finally get my house cleaned out. I have smaller goals as well, but those are the main ones. And isn't it funny how items kinda twist them selves around each other? If I get back to eating right, and not getting fast food for lunch, that helps save money. If I get my house cleaned up and teach myself not to buy things I don't need, then again I can save money.

Do you have any resolutions or goals you would like to accomplish this year? How will you go about them? Would you like a place to come to discuss them and maybe get a push to keep working on them?

2 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 3

My short, flippant answer is to take better care of my gumpaste! I just had to toss 3/4 of a package because I didn't store it carefully enough and it was unusable. icon_cry.gif

My more carefully thought out answer is to cut myself some slack by reminding myself of what I've already accomplished and setting shorter, more attainable goals. For instance, insead of "OMG, why can't I lose 30 pounds?" I need to remind myself that a big reason for the 30 pounds is that I quit smoking, major accomplishment for me. So, that far reaching goal of 30 pounds may seem insurmountable, but 5 pounds isn't. Nor is the next 5 after that.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 3

Elcee, I totally understand the shorter goals. Large ones do seem like you can never make it, and there for we tend to quit before we get there. I think with any of them it is all about being realistic.

That is my hope for 2011!

So did no one else set resolutions this year?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%