What Are You Doing?

Lounge By tokazodo Updated 3 Jan 2011 , 3:51am by Unlimited

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 11:26am
post #1 of 27

So...what are you doing for New Years Eve?

26 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 27

working the 11pm to 7am shift at the hotel. Which means it will be a very quiet night ..... or I'll get all the drunks coming in looking for a room and then getting pi$$ed because I don't have any jacuzzi rooms for someone who did NOT make a reservation on New Years Eve weekend! icon_eek.gif

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 27

Debi my DD had the same job a couple of years ago, and she got the drunks, not the quiet night she hoped for! Have fun!!!

We turn the clocks ahead 3 hours and have friends come for food and games.

Happy New Year!

kathymiles05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathymiles05 Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 27

I will be staying home with my family, maybe cook a nice meal trying to decide what dessert would be good for tonight. Any suggestions?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 27

Since we have the youngest kids, we'll have friends and family over to our house this year for games. Guess that means i should probably head to the store today to get some food though!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 27

We're going to a church fellowship and then staying up with some older friends playing games til midnight.....

I think I'm going to make banana bread and dipped pretzels for the fellowship....maybe a trifle.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 27

Probably falling asleep on the couch while attempting to stay up long enough to watch the ball drop....

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 5:30pm
post #8 of 27

Staying in w/ DH. We'll ring in the New Year on Eastern time not Mountain time icon_lol.gif.

It's supposed to be frigidly cold here tonight. We had our first snow late yesterday and the roads are awful and probably won't improve much. I am truly fearful for the partygoers tonight.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 27

Playing games, probably chicken foot with family. icon_smile.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 5:49pm
post #10 of 27

Staying in with the kids. Friends are hosting a really fun party, but its adults only (which is why it IS fun) and the kids like to stay up with us and ring in the New Year. All too soon, they'll be wanting to go with their friends and not us, so we're not missing out on these times while we have 'em.

Happy New Year to all my cake friends!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:30am
post #11 of 27

Watching the ball drop at home while blowing my nose and wondering if Nyquil and champagne mix. icon_wink.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:56am
post #12 of 27

TSugar -

I'm a city girl - how do you play chicken foot?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:01am
post #13 of 27

My family loves chicken foot. : )
We always play it when we get together. My sister calls it chickenbutt!
-playingwith sugar- Chicken foot is a game you play with dominoes.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:08am
post #14 of 27

Happy New Year everyone!!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:25am
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Watching the ball drop at home while blowing my nose and wondering if Nyquil and champagne mix. icon_wink.gif

Gee, we're doing the same thing, except I substituted a sleeping pill for the champagne. Neither it or the nyquil are working..... UGH.

But Happy New Year. The year has to go better than how it's starting for the two of us..... icon_confused.gif

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:50am
post #16 of 27

We went to see the new True Grit earlier today. We really liked it. We'll definitely be buying the DVD.

Tonight we are watching the John Wayne version just to compare... also a great movie. We'll be asleep by 11.

We always throw a brunch on New Year's Day. About 20-25 attend. That's what I look forward to each year. This is my 28th year - minus the one year I missed when I had bilateral pneumonia. Getting up early to prepare.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:46pm
post #17 of 27

Cownsj: I was trying not to think about superstitions all day yesterday. What you are doing at midnight is what you will be doing all year, put money in your pocket so you'll have money all year long, open the door to let out the bad spirits and welcome the new and all that kind of thing. I would really prefer to not be sick, blowing my nose, giving hubby a forehead kiss, calling my kids when they should be calling me, and wondering why no one sang Auld Lang Syne on Dick Clark. LOL

I skipped the Nyquil and went to bed drugless last night only to wake up from a nightmare an hour later. The Nyquil would have tasted better than the champagne.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:24pm
post #18 of 27

I worked last night at the hospital. I work in the NICU, so we used some extra volu-feeders (the little 2-oz bottles for infant feeding) to have some sparkling cider. Not my ideal way of ringing in the new year, but I can think of worse icon_wink.gif.

cownsj Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:51pm
post #19 of 27

cheatize, my nyquil and sleeping pill ended up not working for me. So I saw the ball drop and couldn't believe Dick Clark wasn't doing Auld Lang Syne either. There was plenty of time for NY, NY after that. That was disappointing for me.

Sorry you had a nightmare, those are terrible. We both know our year will be better than it has started. And we can be confident of that one. thumbs_up.gif

cownsj Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 4:53pm
post #20 of 27

emiyeric, may not have been a first choice, but oh, what a rewarding way to bring in the New Year. Good for you and the work you do.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:07pm
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

emiyeric, may not have been a first choice, but oh, what a rewarding way to bring in the New Year. Good for you and the work you do.

thumbs_up.gif

MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:21pm
post #22 of 27

We went to a friends home and grazed all evening while playing Apples to Apples which just happen to end just before midnight. We (12 of us) were able to watch the ball drop and for a bunch of "old farts" (me being the youngest at 47) we were up til 2. I didn't know that came twice in a day! Dragging butt today!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:44pm
post #23 of 27

well, I want to share that we had a lot of families in the hotel last night and they were hanging out in out dining/lobby area, ordering pizza, playing cards, having fun. The parents gave the kids the new years horns at 11:30.

Eleven. thirty. icon_eek.gif

SOme mom kept saying, "wait until midnight! wait until midnight!"

I can attest that not one kid was listening to her!

aaaauuuuggghhhh!!!!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:22pm
post #24 of 27

We had a "Noon Year's Eve" party with a bunch of our friends who also have kids. The weather in Cali cooperated so we could get a bounce house for the kids. They bounced & played Wii. Adults ate way too much.

We toasted the new year at 6pm which was midnight in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Everyone was home by 8 and the DH & I were out cold by 10:30. My daughter had a friend sleepover and I think they watched the Disney Channel midnight ball-drop thing.

Kristy

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:32pm
post #25 of 27

We got together with our small group. All the kids ran around playing all night, we played games and ate and chatted until midnight. And then with a super New years miracle, our kids slept until 10:30 this morning!

MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:43pm
post #26 of 27

My hubby and I had babysitting lined up, a dinner reservation and were going to go to our city's First Night celebration, but our youngest came down with a stomach bug at 4pm yesterday, so we cancelled our reservation and stayed home. We ended up completely reorganizing our kids' playroom and our living room - lol. We did that until about 11:45, then sat and watched Carson Daily host the ball dropping....only to tend to our sick kiddo moments later! Despite it sounding bad, we actually weren't too bummed - we're homebodies for the most part icon_smile.gif

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:51am
post #27 of 27

DH's band had a private party gig to play for 100 peoplelots of fun, food, and a huge dance floor! (not to mention 3 impressive kitchens.) Had a blast!
Happy New Year!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%