Have You Googled Yourself Lately?

Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 2 Jan 2011 , 2:59am by Zamode

cakelady2266 Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 12:04am
post #1 of 7

The other night when I could get on CC because of the bad website block thing, I tried to come up with a work around that would let me on. So I googled myself, like this, cakelady2266 on cake central. It brought up links to everything, I don't just mean pictures but forum post. I had no idea. Not that I have a problem with anything I have ever said here I just didn't know it was available to the masses. I'm not a computer guru, I like to like of myself more as information super highway roadkill. Did yall know and was just holding out on me?

6 replies
myslady Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 2:05am
post #2 of 7

It's been talked about before. I just recently googled my name and a lot of information came up about websites I have been on and so forth. Once something gets posted on the internet, it's not private anymore.

My advice is just to be careful what you write, a lot of people have their websites linked to their profiles on here and if someone googles their business, that information probably would come up as well.

cheatize Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 3:48am
post #3 of 7

Yep. I knew that. Ever since I found out, I think harder about what username to pick when I sign up for a site.

leily Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 4:50am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Yep. I knew that. Ever since I found out, I think harder about what username to pick when I sign up for a site.

yep... my user name is the same I use on many sites... but it's never been associated with anything in the real world. I started using it in online role playing games and then started using it for everything online. But... it's never in conjunction with my business or personal information. I'm sure someone could link them together if they really wanted to, but it won't be an easy task.

indydebi Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 8:06am
post #5 of 7

i google me all the time. that's how I found (with excitement!) that my cakes and my blog articles have been reprinted on other websites and blogs all over the country! Wooo-Whooo!

cakelady2266 Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 11:38pm
post #6 of 7

I just found it interesting. I know we leave cyber footprints, but for some reason I thought the forums would be a member only thing that stayed in house. I have people bring or email me pictures of CC all the time. Glad I never said anything in the forums that I wouldn't have said to someones face.

Zamode Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 2:59am
post #7 of 7

Scary, isn't it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%