I Finally Got My Blogspot Set Up...hope To See You All There

Lounge By cabecakes Updated 1 Jan 2011 , 12:31pm by shanney54

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 5

I have been procrastinating it for a long time, because honestly, one I didn't have the time and two didn't have the know how. So, I finally read this post that said it took 10 minutes through blogspot. I thought what the heck. Ten minutes my butt. I worked on it all day yesturday. I am, however, very pleased with the results. I hope you will all check it out. Here is the link: http://cakenewbies.blogspot.com/

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 5

welcome to the blogger's world!! I like the You-tube links. You'll have to tell me how you did that!

I would suggest ....
- break up the text into paragraphs with a line break. Makes it easier to read. It's weird how blogspot sometimes will do the line break and sometimes I have to code in a hard return on the HTML page, but play with it until it works! thumbs_up.gif

- Your links in the text are not showing up as links, which means people won't click on them as often. When I add links in mine, I then go into the text and do a hard return at the end of the link to make it show up 'blue'. Sometimes you have to switch between "compose" and "html" mode but it ends up working.

And I just became a follower!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 5

Debi, this is so easy to do. I was amazed, after the other difficulties I had getting my blog up and running. All you have to do is: 1) Click on design, 2)Click on Add a gadget and then from the pop-up menu choose Video Bar, 3) This brings up the "Configure Video Bar" (Here you can edit the title if you want)...I just made mine Video Bar (Tutorials), because this is what I plan to use this area for. 4) Then under keywords I just put in tonedna, because I knew she had a lot of great tutorials, but you can just put in a generic term like icing a cake, putting fondant on a cake.

Just remember to put a comma after each group of keywords. If you have any problems, let me know.

Beansss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beansss Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 1:02am
post #4 of 5

Wow - Love it! Will definitely bookmark and take my time reading through it. Thanks, your effort is much appreciated! icon_smile.gif

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 12:31pm
post #5 of 5

Wow! You've already got a bunch of stuff on there! Awesome job! I've got one started, just not sure what to put on there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%