Love-less cake decorating thumbsdown.gif

20 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 21
Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 21

This definately makes me sad. I so enjoy decorating cakes and hope that those who eat it see and taste my love.

cakedoff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoff Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 21

SO SAD! icon_sad.gif

Coral3 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 21

and love-less cupcake swirls...oh where will it end!? icon_cry.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 21

Well a good thing about it is that it will help save some people from carpal tunnel and stress where they push production workers too much.

Come on you guys! That little dude coming down & going 'round making those big ole' shells is cute you know it's cute!

I mean this is similar to the betrayal Mom & Pop bakeries felt about Wilton when they started marketing to the masses. I don't think those machines will catch on like Wilton has but I can see them in use in the big box stores & grocery stores huh. That could totally take the place of an employee or three huh.

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 12:09am
post #7 of 21

I thought it was pretty cool...

Coral3 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 12:16am
post #8 of 21

I find it almost mesmerising to watch, but I can't help but feel sorry for those poor cakes - starved of care and affection. They just want to be loved like the rest of us! *sniff*

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 12:39am
post #9 of 21

My boss ordered some Holiday cakes in that I am 100% sure were decorated by one of these machines. They were really nice, but then I had to put some that I had hand decorated out by them and YIKES! I would love to get store butter cream that smooth, and writing that perfect. Hope she doesn't order anymore in. HAHAHA!

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 12:58am
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambar2

I thought it was pretty cool...

Yeah, me too!

YorkieMaMa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YorkieMaMa Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:28am
post #11 of 21

Come on ladies and gentleman! Those cakes look like nothing we make! Ours are unique and one of a kind. Special for each person we make them for. Have you ever seen a place that sells those kind of cakes have tiger lilies or carnations or any type of beautiful flower on it? Anyone can put a shell border on a cake. I don't find anything special about those cakes in the least.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:31am
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMaMa

Come on ladies and gentleman! Those cakes look like nothing we make! Ours are unique and one of a kind. Special for each person we make them for. Have you ever seen a place that sells those kind of cakes have tiger lilies or carnations or any type of beautiful flower on it? Anyone can put a shell border on a cake. I don't find anything special about those cakes in the least.

Sure. Sam's puts beautiful gum paste flower arrangements on their cakes.

Coral3 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:34am
post #13 of 21
Quote:

Yes, of course...they are a completely different product for a different market.

njusaguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njusaguy Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:51am
post #14 of 21

And imagine all the wonderful chemical preservatives that went into those beauties!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:04am
post #15 of 21

I want an automated cake icer. LOL. I'll put extra love into the decorations!

cakedoff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedoff Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:05am
post #16 of 21

I KNOW mine taste better!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:10am
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis

Quote:

Sure. Sam's puts beautiful gum paste flower arrangements on their cakes.

AND they only charge $19.99 for that cake with the gumpaste sprays. I stood there looking at one the other day thinking it was almost worth it to me to buy it so I could examine the flowers more closely.

I don't think anyone was trying to allude those cakes are special... just that it is amazing to see how easily a cake can be whipped out in that type of setting. I found it fascinating to watch.

BlueMoon73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueMoon73 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:36am
post #18 of 21

Yes I agree it is mesmerizing and interesting. But I also agree that the market is totally different! The Love is definitely gone and no personalization! They don't scare me!

YouCaterer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouCaterer Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:42am
post #19 of 21

I just wish I could frost that quick... and that smooth!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:14am
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

AND they only charge $19.99 for that cake with the gumpaste sprays. I stood there looking at one the other day thinking it was almost worth it to me to buy it so I could examine the flowers more closely.

Well, here's a link to the old flowers they used to use:

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=22398&name=Large%20Colored%20Gumpaste%20Sprays%20-%204%20sprays%20w/Wire

I also found them on cakesbysam.com.

They just recently (like a week ago) changed to a new design though, using roses.

Oh, and at my Sam's, the price of half sheets went down to $16.87. Because that's what Costco charges.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:26am
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by njusaguy

And imagine all the wonderful chemical preservatives that went into those beauties!

Do you use food color in your cake, icings and decor?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%