Why Did I Do That????

Decorating By Emmar308 Updated 29 Dec 2010 , 8:31pm by All4Show

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 4

So my website went live 3 days ago, i got my first phonecall this morning requesting a cake for next weekend and guess what i did???? I panicked on the phone and said i was already busy and couldn't do the cake!!!!??? I do have a cake to finish for the day before this one was required, and i have to take my son to a party (i'm a full time mum, doing cakes as a legimate hobby, but due to such alot of people requesting cakes i decided to do business cards and website) so i AM busy, but at a push i could have done this cake - so i don't know why i freaked out and turned down my first official order??! My husband is rather annoyed with me to say the least, but i just had a total crisis of confidence. Anyone else worry they were doing the right thing when making the transition from hobby decorator to business??? Or is it just me whose the crazy one?

3 replies
luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

Hey! Sorry you panicked on your first phone order. I am a hobby baker only but wanted to offer you encouragement. Maybe you should have put them on hold for a minute and taken a deep breath to calm yourself and then taken that order. Or even said I am not at my appointment book at the minute. Let me call you back in 5 minutes and see if I can help you. You can do it. I am sure. Good luck for your future orders. thumbs_up.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 4

That's a good idea. If you start getting all nervous, get the details of what they want, then tell them that you'll work out the cost and call them back.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 4

Your cakes are gorgeous, so boy did this potential customer miss out on a beautiful cake. You can do this!! Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%