Help Find Harvey Lewis Ornaments?

Lounge By Melvira Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 4:35am by Melvira

Melvira Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 15

I have Harvey Lewis Monogram Christmas ornaments on my tree... M, S, and A for me, hubs, and oldest son. Now I have another son and cannot find the letter, "Z" for him. I know, I know, I can just buy a different style, but if ANYONE knows how to get their hands on one, I'd love to get the one that matches ours. They're silver plated with red Swarovski crystals. Very elegant and lovely. I can post a pic if it will help anyone.

I've searched what feels like ENDLESSLY online for two years and can only find certain letters, but NEVER a Z. The person I bought the G from didn't sell Z's for some stupid reason. I'm kind of frustrated and just hope someone will magically know where to get one. icon_rolleyes.gif

I know on the grand scale of life tragedies, this is pretty unimportant, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them. thumbs_up.gif At this point it's just the 'driving me crazy' factor that I'd like to resolve! icon_lol.gif

14 replies
Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 15

Alrighty... well hopefully after the holidays die down someone might stumble onto something. I'll just keep my eyes open. thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 15

I would have responded sooner, if I had good news.

I looked online, but couldn't find the Z. I have a couple of people in my network who attend auctions, flea markets and yard sales all the time, so I sent them an e-mail with a pic of the ornament. I need to know what's the top dollar you're willing to spend on it, so I can tell them to pick it up if they find it for X dollars or less.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 15

Oh Theresa, you're always so sweet to me! I didn't mean to sound whiny!! icon_redface.gif I bought the first two in a store (Target) for $4.95, and the third was about the same online, but I had to have it shipped so a little more expensive. I've seen them run as high as $6.95. I suppose I'd spend ten bucks since I'm desperate. icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif Possibly a bit higher, but would prefer not to pay twice it's value since they're not really like collectibles, but if that letter costs more simply because of rarity I'm willing to suck it up. Anything so that my baby doesn't feel left out. (Yah, like he cares, right?)

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 6:40pm
post #5 of 15

P.S. Let's keep it between us that I'm desperate! Hehehehe. tapedshut.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 15

Hey, anything to keep anxiety from flooding Lost Nation, Iowa.

In the meantime, why don't you get some polymer clay, some silver leaf, a metal eye and some swarovskis and make one? Then you can sign and date the back, and he'll have something even more special.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Hey, anything to keep anxiety from flooding Lost Nation, Iowa.

In the meantime, why don't you get some polymer clay, some silver leaf, a metal eye and some swarovskis and make one? Then you can sign and date the back, and he'll have something even more special.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Oh MAAAAN... but that's like, WORK! Hahaha. Ok, I'm going to admit, I'm not sure what you mean by metal eye. Mine are organic tissue. I'm not a cyborg! Hehehehehe. Sorry. It's only 1:30 and its already been a really long day! icon_rolleyes.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 15

Something like this, but smaller, to put the ornament hook or ribbon through.

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-447-screw-eyes.aspx

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 7:48pm
post #9 of 15

Now I got ya!

cheatize Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 3:44am
post #10 of 15

If she makes a special one for son two, son one will eventually notice. Bad news for mamma. I have no idea where to get one but I'll keep an eye out for it.

cheatize Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 5:15am
post #11 of 15

I found this on another thread:
http://www.topperswithglitz.com/quote.pl

They make custom topper and I bet they'd be able to do an ornament for you. I'm guessing it would be more than 10 bucks, though. lol

playingwithsugar Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 5:24am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

If she makes a special one for son two, son one will eventually notice. Bad news for mamma. I have no idea where to get one but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Well, if she's the kind of mom I think she is, then her children weren't raised to be that petty. Besides, she can always recruit the others to help make the one that's missing, and then they included in it's creation, making it special for them, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 2:41pm
post #13 of 15

Yah, really, I don't think the boys will ever really 'care' you know? If I just bought different ones to match all of us together, it's pretty easy to explain, "I got those before you were born, so when we were lucky enough to get you, we got new ones for everyone!" I'm pretty sure that would be a good enough explanation, but it's just ME that wants the matching Harvey Lewis one, KWIM? I really like how they look, and it irks me that I had one and gave it away because it was the wrong letter. I mean, I wouldn't have kept it, it was wrong, but you know... so close and yet so far? Hehe.

cheatize Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:23am
post #14 of 15

Melivira, please know that I do not think, nor did I mean to imply, that your children were petty, or would ever be petty.

Melvira Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:35am
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Melivira, please know that I do not think, nor did I mean to imply, that your children were petty, or would ever be petty.

Oh, no honey... absolutely not!! Never crossed my mind that you meant that. I knew exactly what you meant!! I do actually think of those things. Not because I worry that they are petty, but just because I've seen how the favoritism has affected my husband, and me, with our families. I never wany my boys to feel that way. But thank you for caring what I'd think! thumbs_up.gif That was very sweet of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%