Prayer Request & Organ Donation

Lounge By itsmylife Updated 30 Dec 2010 , 11:32pm by Kellbella

itsmylife Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 5:58am
post #1 of 6

I attended a funeral today for a young boy (11 yo) who died unexpectedly a few days before Christmas. His family made the decision to donate his organs and eight people received the ultimate gift from him last week.

It's strange how death really puts life into perspective.

Please say a prayer for them, as I cannot imagine the devastation that this tragedy has, and will have on their family. Prayers are the only thing I can think of.

Denise :'(

5 replies
cabecakes Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 8:51am
post #2 of 6

OMG, how tragic. I can't imagine their pain. It was so kind of them to donate his organs. I will keep them in prayer, but I am so glad some good came out of such tragedy.

Loucinda Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 6

That is the ultimate gift for those 8 families. The loss of their son has to be the most tragic thing a person can endure - there are no words to express how wonderful their gift to those 8 people is. Keeping them in my prayers.

TheCakerator Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 6

That certainly is sad for their family .. but what a great gift to others who received his organs .. please don't forget you can be an organ donor while you are alive too, my sister donated her kidney a few years back to a co worker .. also, make sure your drivers liscense is checked if you want to be an organ donor ...

indydebi Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 6

when my kids turned 16, I told them they HAD to mark "yes, I am an organ donor" or they wuoldn't be allowed to get their license.

It would be bad enough that I would lose a child in a car wreck, but in a small way, I/we could prevent another parent from losing a child unnecessarily.

I heard it said once, "There is not an organ shortage. there is a DONOR shortage."

Please consider this as a potential new year's resoltuion.

Kellbella Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 11:32pm
post #6 of 6

I am an organ donor...when the time comes whatever can be used is fine with me. This is the perfect example of how some good can be brought forth from such a tragedy. That family is in my prayers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%