Need Help Bad For A Combined Cake For Little Boy & Girl

Decorating By hollyberry91 Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 3:39pm by Queento2

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 3:27am
post #1 of 12

Hey! I need help coming up with an idea for a combined cake for a 1 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. The mom said the little girl is really into cats and she doesn't know what the little boy is into yet. She said the little girl likes blue and green. Any ideas??? Thanks!!

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 6:02am
post #2 of 12

Is this a sheet cake, tiered cake, layer cake....

If she likes cats/kittens, you might balance that out with dogs/puppies for him. icon_smile.gif

HTH

hollyberry91 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 12

I't's going to be a 2 tiered cake and each one will get their own smash. I'm gonna tell her about the puppy kitty idea and she what she says. Thanks!!

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 12

I've seen a few Pirate/Princess cakes that turned out super cute! Should be fun to do!

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 12

Well, if the girl likes the colors blue and green and the boy is too young to have a formed opinion I think you could go with a blue and green color scheme. It's more boyish anyway so it would work for both of them. If the girl likes cats, then you could do an animal themed cake. Maybe just pet types with paw prints of both dogs and cats and make some yarn and dog bones etc. And have cats and dogs playing together.

Are you doing a 2 tiered cake plus smash cakes? If so, it would be cute to make the smash cakes like pet food bowls. One for a cat and one for a dog. You could color some piping gel blue and "fill" the bowls with water.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 12

I had a similar issue back in July.

This is what I came up with. I purposely made it so the kids would have to turn the cake to see their side of the cake.
Could you do a similar design, only personalize each side for the respective child?

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1732918

Hope this helps

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 11:03pm
post #7 of 12

LOVE the idea of puppies & kittens on a green & blue cake with food bowls as smash cakes!!

hollyberry91 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:19am
post #8 of 12

Thank ya'll for all the suggestions! Usually nobody ever responds to my posts ha! I think the idea of the pet bowl smash cakes is too cute! I might do one with piping gel water and one with chocolate dog food!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:58am
post #9 of 12

Cupcake kitten and puppy would also be cute.

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:59pm
post #10 of 12

Make sure you post a pic, I'd love to see it thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 3:16pm
post #11 of 12

I'm eager to see your result - I'll bet it is grand! This is one I did for a boy/girl combination...they suggested that we stick to primary colors.
  http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1380692.html
It definitely has its flaws, but I think the underlying idea was good.

Queento2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queento2 Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 3:39pm
post #12 of 12

What about Dora and Diego? I think Diego even has his baby jaguar, which to her will look like a cat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%