Fondant Cake Price

Decorating By sibelsah Updated 2 Jan 2011 , 12:31am by sibelsah

sibelsah Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 2:02am
post #1 of 7

Hi. I have a question. I make fondant cake. My friends want to 6" round cake there will be a car and girl on the cake. what do you think the price should be? Thank you.

6 replies
cakegirl1973 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 2:23am
post #2 of 7

What are all of the costs involved for you to do the cake? Then, you need to charge for your labor and add a 20%-30% profit. That's how I determine my pricing. HTH

jason_kraft Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 3:31am
post #3 of 7

Don't forget your overhead costs (i.e. liability insurance, inspection fees, utilities), annualized and divided on a per-order basis.

sibelsah Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 4:16am
post #4 of 7

Thank you for your help.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 4:20am
post #5 of 7

sibelsah, try this thread. it might be helpful.

catlharper Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 4:42am
post #6 of 7

I figure out my costs (including my per hour rate) and double it. You will figure out a per slice cost over time (mine for fondant is $4 a slice for a plain, or very simple, fondant covered cake) that will cover your expenses. As you add more time for more elaborate decorations/flowers/piping you will also add cost to your per slice price. I'd say, because I rarely do a "plain" or "simple" cake, my per slice cost for a fondant cake is usually around $5 per slice.

When figuring the costs out remember to add in supplies, your hourly rate, insurance, any kitchen rental fees, etc. to come up with the cost.

sibelsah Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 12:31am
post #7 of 7

Thank you for your help. Very helpful information for me. See you

Quote by @%username% on %date%