Jennifer Dontz Dvd

Decorating By kimbordeaux Updated 27 Feb 2011 , 1:44pm by JenniferMI

kimbordeaux Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 27

Does she have a DVD with her chocolate fondant recipe on it? Which DVD from her site do I purchase for that info? Having an awful time with Satin Ice lately. I hear that her fondant recipe not only taste good but is very workable. Tired of elephant skin and tearing! Thanks!

26 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 27

Yes, the chocolate fondant recipe is on her fondant DVD. Personally I recommend getting both the fondant DVD and the fondant frills. You won't go wrong! icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 27

Her recipes are on all of her DVD's. And each one of them is well worth the money. I love her pearl clay recipe also!! If you have any questions - she is super easy to get ahold of and will do all she can to help you out too. One of the best to order from!

superstar Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 27

Jen's DVD's are wonderful & she has a lot of 'cake toys' for sale. She doesn't rip you off with shipping & the orders arrive really fast. She is an amazing person.

JenniferMI Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 27

Awww, you all are SO nice, thank you!!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to try and help.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

cakenovice2010 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 27

I just got mine yesterday and already watched them! icon_smile.gif They're awesome and I'm so glad I got them. I got the easy and tasty way to perfect fondant and the fondant frills DVD's.

The recipe is on the Tasty Fondant DVD icon_smile.gif

I live in Ontario, Canada and the DVD's arrived within a week of ordering even over the Xmas holiday and a sweet little note thanking me for my order. icon_smile.gif

bakencake Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 27

cakenovice, since you got both DVDs, if you had to choose one which one would you recommend? I can fight my way around fondant, meaning i can cover and make decorations, not the best but i manage. I have been dying to buy one of her DVDs. which one would you recommend? is the first too basic?

Peridot Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 10:57pm
post #8 of 27

I have all three of her DVD's and I am a Jennifer fan also. Her chocolate fondant recipe is great - more expensive than some but it's an excellent recipe.

bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 11:41pm
post #9 of 27

Just to clarify, the semi-homemade white chocolate fondant recipe is on both the Tasty Fondant DVD and the Fondant Frills DVD. It's only in the menu/recipe section on the Frills DVD. Tasty Fondant shows step by step how to make the fondant, and the Frills DVD shows step by step how to make pearl clay, plus lots of other good stuff icon_smile.gif

bakencake Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 12:20am
post #10 of 27

ok, so buy both?

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 12:21am
post #11 of 27

I would! icon_lol.gif

bakencake Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 2:05am
post #12 of 27

cool thank !!!

cakenovice2010 Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 2:55am
post #13 of 27

I would get both but if I had to choose only just one, I'd pick the fondant frills. I'm planning on getting her other DVD's because I was pretty impressed with these ones. icon_smile.gif Very easy to follow icon_smile.gif

bakencake Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 1:30pm
post #14 of 27

ok Jen, get ready for me!

believer Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 4:22pm
post #15 of 27

I just got the Frill DVD. Jennifer is so nice! I cannot wait to get started.

JenniferMI Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 10:51pm
post #16 of 27

Bonnell Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 11:30pm
post #17 of 27

Okay, so what is pearl clay? Is it a gumpaste recipe?

bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 12:36am
post #18 of 27

No, pearl clay is a chocolate/fondant recipe that is used by Jen and others (me) to do fondant "frills" on the cake. For example, I use it for pressed lace and small flowers, etc. I swear by the stuff. The recipe is on I believe her Fondant Frills DVD.

Bonnell Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 5:47pm
post #19 of 27

I guess it's different from her chocolate/fondant recipe? I only have the DVD on covering the cake in fondant.

JenniferMI Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 7:04pm
post #20 of 27

I hope this is ok for me to answer (don't want to break any CC rules)

Yes, the pearl clay is different than the semi-homemade white chocolate fondant. I use pearl clay to make all my pearls, side ribbons, pressed lace and more. It's a very leatherlike/stiff product, but is almost all chocolate. It's also different than modeling chocolate.

If I can help more, feel free to PM me.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

kimbordeaux Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 2:26am
post #21 of 27

I'm still a little confused. I want to buy the dvd that has the chocolate fondant recipe on it. I see everyone talking about pearl clay also and that that recipe is on a separate dvd. Do I need the pearl clay recipe to make the chocolate fondant? Do I need both dvds to learn how to make Jennifer's semi-homemade chocolate fondant that hear raves about? Exactly what dvd do I need?

Thanks! (can't wait to buy the correct dvd!)

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 2:28am
post #22 of 27

The chocolate fondant recipe is on the Perfect Fondant DVD. The Pearl Clay recipe is on the Fondant Frills DVD.

icer101 Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 2:54am
post #23 of 27

all of her dvd's are wonderful. the fondant is delicious , the pearl clay is wonderful .the flower on was great. you will love them all.

kimbordeaux Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 3:50am
post #24 of 27

Thanks ya'll! I think I've figured out, with all of ya'lls help, that I will be purchasing her "Perfect Fondant" dvd so that I can make the semi-homemade chocolate fondant that I hear everyone talking about! After the first dvd I'm sure I'll buy more... one thing at a time icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 12:29pm
post #25 of 27

Hi -

The chocolate fondant recipe is in the menu section only in the Fondant Frills DVD. The pearl clay is shown step by step.

On the Tasty Fondant DVD, the chocolate fondant is shown step by step.

If you click on the DVD, on the site, you will go to an information page where you can read more about each. If I can help more, let me know please.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

LateBloomer Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 1:40pm
post #26 of 27

I would just like to confirm what everybody else says about Jennifer's DvD's. They are all amazing and her fondant and pearl clay taste wonderful. I was so scared when I used her fondant on a wedding cake
(for the first time.. never time to practise) but she patiently answered all my questions and was SO encouraging that it came out beautifully. Actually much easier to work with than ordinary fondant.
Her lace moulds are beautiful and really look stunning.
She really is one amazing, talented, kind person!

JenniferMI Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 1:44pm
post #27 of 27

Thank you for your kind words latebloomer icon_smile.gif I'm here to help if you have any questions at all.

Have a nice weekend.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%