Ganache Or Fudgy Filling

Baking By gsbcakes Updated 30 Dec 2010 , 12:27am by Evoir

gsbcakes Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 6

I have a request for a cake with a fudgy like chocolate filling. She definitley doesnt want anything as creamy as buttercream. My first thought was ganache but the recipe i have used in the past isnt that thick. Do you have a recipe you could share?

5 replies
aej6 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 1:20am
post #2 of 6

Sorry, I can't recall who originally posted this....

bring just to a boil a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (I use the Walmart brand that is labeled "fat free" which totally makes me laugh but it's 1/2 the price of other brands!)

pour that over 1 bag of Nestle semi sweet chips

let it sit for 5 min and then stir, let it continue cooling and it's the most AMAZING fudgey-ness EVER! I've used it between layers in cakes and it works great. I've also spread it over hot brownies and it is out of this world!!

Karen421 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 6

What size bag of chips?

aej6 Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 2:52am
post #4 of 6

regular size.....can't recall how many ounces but the typical Nestle bag of chips....

Mygirl919 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 12:11am
post #5 of 6

this is awesome....I'll be making some tomorrow!!! (I logged into tonight to find a receipe for ganache) icon_biggrin.gif Im soo excited lol

Evoir Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 12:27am
post #6 of 6

If you are keen on a ganache taste, then heat up some cream to boiling, then toss in TWICE that measure (by weight) in chopped dark chocolate. Mix until it is completely smooth. Leave overnight, and it will set into a firm paste consistency, which can be used as a chocolate filling (it is the samer consistency you would use to put under fondant to smooth the cake surface in a 3D cake).

Quote by @%username% on %date%