Decorating By onceuponacake Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 6:18am by AZCouture

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 10

i believe this is a scam.its on line with the other ones:

500 cupcakes for january 12 they will have courier picke them up

name was Kuskus email was (mod edited)
it was from a at&t sign language relay number (mod edited) from at&t

they would not give their address (which we always take down).

9 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 10

I had the call too about do I accept credit cards. They wanted to know if I had a machine because his credit card company advised him not to use paypal. I never got past the credit card machine and they did call from a tty number as well. I have to go back and see the number but I do remember that it was from Maryland.

ETA: for clarification this was for cupcakes as well.

onceuponacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onceuponacake Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 1:57am
post #3 of 10

the scam about james labelle wanting gift baskets worked on this poor lady from FL. she called me to ask what he had emailed me. i felt bad for her.

im glad the scams are posted here!

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 4:04am
post #4 of 10

Anything that states a courier will pick them up - I automatically assume it's a scam. Or, and I love this one, they will send me a check and I will pay the other vendors from it. wahahahahahaha! Yes, I'll do that right away. Send it on.

Mmm Cake of NJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mmm Cake of NJ Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 3:00am
post #5 of 10

AI too received a 500 cupcake order requesting that a carrier would pick them up...twice...under 2 different names: after doing research, this was my response email to the dirtbag:

Unfortunately, "Mary George or Jane" I cannot take your "order." You see, you contacted me as Becca Winston a few weeks ago with the same order.

I do my research. Your phony name is all over the Internet.

First, no one uses a courier to pick up orders. Second, your English and writing skills are atrocious!

Whoever you are, you should be ashamed of yourself for preying on innocent people. I will be sure to post this all over the Internet to ensure that noone falls for this ****. Disgraceful!

Don't ever contact me again using any names or email addresses, you *******.

TNRachel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TNRachel Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 12:39am
post #6 of 10

Uhhh, "Becca Winston" contacted me too.  A-hole.  Here's the original email so as to hopefully wan others:

Hello
          This is Mrs winston i will like to know if you have cupcakes for sale and how much is per one?

If so  i will like you get me the total cost for 500 order of that in chocolate flavor butter cream icings any design and what type of credit card did you accept but i dont know how to do payment through paypal account but i will get me my credit card all information

And there we be a private carrier that we come for the pickup because they are the one handle all the equipment for the party

Also i should have call you in first place but am hearing impaired person that why i email you so kindly get back to me asap

Regards
    Becca winston

ashleylh18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleylh18 Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 4:00am
post #7 of 10

AI got the same email from becca winston. So sad our precious baked goods arent even safe from the scammers!

EdieP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdieP Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 4:10am
post #8 of 10

what is even sadder is the fact that they always say "Im hearing impaired"  Not fair to those who are.  We actually had a bride that is hearing impaired, but she did not tell me until we met.

KohakuMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KohakuMoon Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 6:09am
post #9 of 10

A

Original message sent by Mmm Cake of NJ

I too received a 500 cupcake order requesting that a carrier would pick them up...twice...under 2 different names: after doing research, this was my response email to the dirtbag:

Unfortunately, "Mary George or Jane" I cannot take your "order." You see, you contacted me as Becca Winston a few weeks ago with the same order.

I do my research. Your phony name is all over the Internet.

First, no one uses a courier to pick up orders. Second, your English and writing skills are atrocious!

Whoever you are, you should be ashamed of yourself for preying on innocent people. I will be sure to post this all over the Internet to ensure that noone falls for this ****. Disgraceful!

Don't ever contact me again using any names or email addresses, you *******.

As fun as those emails are, I advise against them. It just makes the scammers better at what they they do as they are being told what is tipping you off to the scam.

I do love that the community warns others about them though <3

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 6:18am
post #10 of 10

Too bad they're giving deaf phone services a bad rep too. The day I get a real call, it will be very hard to believe it. :(

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%