What Do You Charge For Cupcake Decorating Parties?

Decorating By donna1080 Updated 28 Dec 2010 , 7:41pm by steffiessweet_sin_sations

donna1080 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 2

Hello Everyone!

I have another thread going on how much to charge for cake pops, but I've also had a couple of requests recently for cake pop and/or cupcake decorating parties. I know they're very popular, but I know nothing about holding one. For those of you who offer such parties, would you please be willing to share your advice on cost, timeframe, supplies you bring, hostess gifts, how you get party bookings, etc. perhaps even a quick curriculum layout? I'd sure appreciate it. A very Happy, healthy and properous New Year to all of you!

1 reply
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 2

i charge the same amt as for decorated cupcakes, u are still providing the frosting, decorations, and the cupcake. i recommend 2 cupcakes per guest, as sometimes the kids might drop one, or at least have 3-4 extra in case this happens. i always have single clear clamshell boxes for guests to take home their cupcakes. i dont stay for the party, i set up, usually on a long table, one bag of icing per child, plus little cups of decorations. u do use more decorations and frosting than u normally would if u were just doing them at home, so figure that in. also i bring nonperils, sprinkles, fondant decor if the parent wants them, anything else they provide (such as cookie crumbles, gummys ect.) its a lot of fun tho!! they have a blast at the parties. there has been a few blogs on this, do a google search. they are very helpful. good lluck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%