Firing A Customer

Business By AmysCakesNCandies Updated 12 Jan 2011 , 11:13pm by FleurDeCake

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 8:50pm
post #61 of 71

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm looking forward to trying it. icon_biggrin.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 10:42pm
post #62 of 71

Thanks very much for the recipe. And good luck with the firing process. Having done it myself in the past I know its not pleasant and takes up a lot of your time. But its worthwhile I believe, because working on an order in a resentful fashion is no way to be doing business...its bad for the soul.

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 10:44pm
post #63 of 71

Thank you for the recipe!! thumbs_up.gif

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 10:06pm
post #64 of 71

I was checking back to see if there was an update.

-Debbie B.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 12:56am
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmysCakesNCandies

To all who indicated they wanted the recipe:

Pink Lemonade cake/ cupcakes are an "adjusted" yellow cake. So use whatever your standard yellow cake is (it works for scratch or boxes- but the dryer texture of scratch works a little better)

For 6 cup batter recipe:
Make you standard yellow cake recipe
add 1 tsp lemon extract & 1/2 tsp rasp extract to wet ingredients (optional- you can add 1tsp red food color to bump up the pink color if you like)
add 1/4 c sweetened pink lemonade mix to dry ingredients- (I use countrytime, but brand doesnt matter)

after baking & cooling completely mix 1/2 c pink lemonade mix with 1/4 cup of water. poke holes in the layers or cupcakes with a skewer and brush the layers with the concentrated dissolved mix.

I made this today and it is fantastic! I added the red food coloring because it looked pale and it looked very nice once baked. It tasted fantastic!

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:19am
post #66 of 71

Glad you enjoyed it!

Update on the customer... It was basically a non-event. I emailed & called her the same day and explained that I did not want them to be dissapointed on such an important day and I would be cancelling her order and refund her money.. basically she said "Ok..thanks" and thats it. Mailed the check out yesterday... we'll see if she cashes it.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:27am
post #67 of 71

I'm glad things worked out for you.

-Debbie B.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:40am
post #68 of 71

I don't know if I would call it a non-event, more like an event that worked out for you without any drama. Good for you for standing up for yourself, and I'm glad it went easy for you.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 6:08pm
post #69 of 71

Tried the pink lemonade cake today. Used Toba Garrett's yellow cake as the base recipe. I also added a little red coloring to bump the pink up. Outrageously good!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Ali3971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ali3971 Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 10:59pm
post #70 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmysCakesNCandies

To all who indicated they wanted the recipe:

Pink Lemonade cake/ cupcakes are an "adjusted" yellow cake. So use whatever your standard yellow cake is (it works for scratch or boxes- but the dryer texture of scratch works a little better)

For 6 cup batter recipe:
Make you standard yellow cake recipe
add 1 tsp lemon extract & 1/2 tsp rasp extract to wet ingredients (optional- you can add 1tsp red food color to bump up the pink color if you like)
add 1/4 c sweetened pink lemonade mix to dry ingredients- (I use countrytime, but brand doesnt matter)

after baking & cooling completely mix 1/2 c pink lemonade mix with 1/4 cup of water. poke holes in the layers or cupcakes with a skewer and brush the layers with the concentrated dissolved mix.

I typically pair this cake with lemon curd filling and a mild lemon buttercream.

And as far as the customer- I decided to give her till Tuesday to respond to my initial email since its a holiday week and her email address is a work one, she may be on vacation. But I have decided if i do not hear from her to email her a "firing" letter with a read reciept and then Certified mail mail the same letter with a check a few days later (asuming she hasn't contacted me). The bride is out of town and I have not dealt with her at all, but I have her email and plan to CC her omn the email- will let you know how it goes.

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 11:13pm
post #71 of 71

thanks so much for the recipe,cant wait to try it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%