Guitar Pan Questions

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 27 Dec 2010 , 11:35pm by RobzC8kz

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 7

A friend wants me to make her daughters birthday cake this weekend. She needs it to feed 14 people, 6 being kids.

Will the Wilton guitar pan feed that many people? I'm thinking I might throw in 6 cupcakes just in case?

The pan isn't terribly deep so even if I over fill the pan a little to get it to rise all the way up it won't be full height (which annoys me greatly - I generally only bake in 3" deep pans now even for 2" cakes but anyway icon_razz.gif ) Would I be better to bake 2 thinner layers and fill the cake?

Ugh the decisions to make Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 7

Here is the info on how many people that the pan feeds: http://www.wilton.com/idea/Electric-Guitar-Cake

With that you could make the pan taller by torting it and I always overfill the shaped cake pans like that icon_redface.gif HTH

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 7

thanks cakeandpartygirl icon_smile.gif Hmm it only feeds 12 ( I was afraid of that) Not sure why I didn't think to look there for servings - I must still be in a post holiday fog LOL

I suppose if I overfill the pan to make it as tall as possible and then torte and fill it I could squeak and extra couple of servings out of it. I think I will do a few cupcakes too just in case.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 7

I think the cupcakes are a good idea. Maybe you could do them to spell out the receipents name if it's not too long so it can be cohesive

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 7

I did the guitar pan (the only one of two character pans I own) a while back and added cupcakes with musical notes on them.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 10:31pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingcake

I did the guitar pan (the only one of two character pans I own) a while back and added cupcakes with musical notes on them.

good idea!! icon_biggrin.gif

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 7

Bake a 1/2 sheet and cut the shape of the guitar out of it. You can make it any size you need that way. You don't need to spend the $$ on those pans to create the same effect! Make a cardboard stencil and you can use that forever!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%